Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Votto out additional 7-10 days

Re: Votto out additional 7-10 days

Ticket sales
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm just thinking out loud here and I'm not blaming any of the medical staff etc...but I'm starting to get a bit nervous about Votto making it back to 100 percent (for lack of a better term) this year.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I'm just thinking out loud here and I'm not blaming any of the medical staff etc...but I'm starting to get a bit nervous about Votto making it back to 100 percent (for lack of a better term) this year.
    I honestly don't think there's a question of his returning at 100 percent, I just think it's a matter of when.

Honestly, I wonder if the Reds aren't playing it extra conservative now that they continue to increase their lead. As long as the Reds keep putting distance between they and the Pirates/Cardinals, they can play it slow in getting him back.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I'm still chucking at the people who swore that the original surgery was a minor procedure and insisted that Votto would be back in 3 weeks.

Any time a timetable is given for an injury return mid-season, double it to get an idea of the earliest possible date of return.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    I honestly don't think there's a question of his returning at 100 percent, I just think it's a matter of when.

Honestly, I wonder if the Reds aren't playing it extra conservative now that they continue to increase their lead. As long as the Reds keep putting distance between they and the Pirates/Cardinals, they can play it slow in getting him back.
    I agree they have no reason not to be conservative. But today for some reason I just pictured after a quick playoff exit Votto saying something like "yeah my knee just never got back up to speed this year etc...". Again, just thinking aloud. I think we are around Day 50 post-injury now...I think it is wearing on my brain a bit.

I agree with Brutus that the Reds are taking it very cautiously at this point to try and get Votto back to that 100% (or as close as possible) so he can be a part of the final post-season push and be ready to go in the playoffs.

If he can't make it back to 100%, the question is how close to 100% he is and if he's only at 80%, is that enough?

BTW - 1st ORG post!
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

Quote Originally Posted by Tadasimha View Post
    I agree with Brutus that the Reds are taking it very cautiously at this point to try and get Votto back to that 100% (or as close as possible) so he can be a part of the final post-season push and be ready to go in the playoffs.

If he can't make it back to 100%, the question is how close to 100% he is and if he's only at 80%, is that enough?

BTW - 1st ORG post!
    My first thought was, who is this guy that replied.

Glad to be a part of history, welcome aboard.

My first thought was, who is this guy that replied.

Glad to be a part of history, welcome aboard.
    Thanks!
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I'm still chucking at the people who swore that the original surgery was a minor procedure and insisted that Votto would be back in 3 weeks.

Any time a timetable is given for an injury return mid-season, double it to get an idea of the earliest possible date of return.
    Well, it was a minor procedure. My brother had a meniscus torn, surgery to fix it, and everything is fine for him today. However, I agree with you on the recovery time. Just because the procedure is minor doesn't mean he's going to heal that quickly. I originally thought around 5 weeks for his recovery.

The original surgery had him being within a couple of days of being activated around the 3-week mark. It wasn't until they found loose cartilage that Votto's timetable got pushed back.

If he didn't have to wind up going back for a second procedure, he'd already have been back by now.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

He was basically back in 4 weeks, then hurt in sliding practice, so I'm not sure why you are being so condescending as if people were idiots when the timetable was pretty much on track to the original 3-4 weeks except for the second injury.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

I am sure a six game lead and the current success tells the team officials to be conservative with their best player.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

It's not just Votto coming back, which I'm sure he will within the next couple of weeks. I'm worried about him having enough time to get back into a groove. Missing a month and a half in the middle of the season is going to mean Joey will have at least some adjustment to get his swing back to where it was pre-ASB.

High five!
    Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    He was basically back in 4 weeks, then hurt in sliding practice, so I'm not sure why you are being so condescending as if people were idiots when the timetable was pretty much on track to the original 3-4 weeks except for the second injury.
    Word.

It's not like he re-injured himself putting on his cowboy boots.

The second surgery was 8 days ago, a 10 minute procedure. There is no time table for his return. According to him he still has pain. When should we be concerned? I'm not trying to start anything on the board, but this thing has not gone well or at the very least, not according to plan.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Turn Off Ads?