Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saturday 8/11/12 Minor-League Updates

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Saturday 8/11/12 Minor-League Updates

I've never seen any discussion on Joe Terry, drafted last year out of Cal State-Fullerton in the 30th round. Previously, he had been drafted by the Mariners (17th) and White Sox (8th). Only went to the plate 45 times last year. This year, he has 6 HR and 22 SB between Bakersfield and Dayton.

Tonight, he was 2-2 with 2 BB as the Dragons won 4-3. He's been playing 2B since Ryan Wright was promoted, and batting mostly 3rd. Anybody know anything about his prospect status?

James Allen tonight: 6 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 0 BB, 5 K. His conversion to starter so far seems successful.

Re: Saturday 8/11/12 Minor-League Updates

Louisville got whupped, 8-2. Corky homered.

Dailey (.361) and Mejias-Brean (.352) hit solo homers in the first for Billings.

In his Pioneer League debut, Amir Garrett threw a clean first inning.

Corcino: 5 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 4 BB, 4 K.
    Hamilton: 1-3, CS.
    Fellhauer: 2-3, HR.
    Lutz: 1-2, 2B, BB

Pensacola trails 6-3 in the 7th.

Amir hit a batter in the 2nd. Missoula retaliated by hitting Winker and their pitcher was promptly ejected.

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    Amir hit a batter in the 2nd. Missoula retaliated by hitting Winker and their pitcher was promptly ejected.
    Billings promptly went up 6-0. After the ill-advised plunking, Pigott tripled, Mejias-Brean doubled, Maddox singled and Gelalich doubled, in succession.

You don't hit Winker.

The Goodyear Cherubs are playing two tonight, although they didn't do much playing in the first. Got beat 10-2. Jhimmy No Typo Lopez went deep. Wandy Peralta and Vaughn Covington pitched, but neither made great strides, career-wise.

Terry seems pretty athletic to me, which is why I'm surprised he seems to play poorly in the field. His defense seems the weakest part of his game right now, for the handful of times I've seen him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotoad View Post
    Terry seems pretty athletic to me, which is why I'm surprised he seems to play poorly in the field. His defense seems the weakest part of his game right now, for the handful of times I've seen him.
    Thanks, Hyp. Terry did make an error tonight, as well. But the organization seems to like his offense. Or maybe they just like the idea of a left-handed-hitting infielder.

Depends on how Terry develops, but seems like a ceiling of utility player right now.

Terry was once considered a legit prospect, but he hasn't developed as well as hoped. He was assumed to be an organizational guy with a very small chance of being more when the Reds drafted him.

Billy did swipe his 136th, after a walk. The countdown has reached single digits.

Pensacola came up short, 6-4.

Travieso is pitching the second game for the AZL kids, who lead 1-0 after two.

A 9-0 Billings lead has been reduced to 9-5, through no fault of Garrett, who went three scoreless.

Mejias-Brean has hit his second HR of the night, along with a 2B. He's getting the hang of this.

I really liked the SMB pick. He's solid with the bat and I think more power will come with maturity

Turn Off Ads?