Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saturday 8/11/12 Minor-League Updates

Re: Saturday 8/11/12 Minor-League Updates

In Missoula Erik Miller enters the game with the bases loaded and two outs. Three consecutive wild pitches clears the bases. Billings, which once led 9-0, now trails 11-10. For the inning, one HBP, three BB's, and four wild pitches. Ugly.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Brean is my sleeper for next year. Not a sleeper I guess, but I think he has a chance to move way up the ranks. Great contact skills, and I could see the power taking off with some pro coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    In Missoula Erik Miller enters the game with the bases loaded and two outs. Three consecutive wild pitches clears the bases. Billings, which once led 9-0, now trails 11-10. For the inning, one HBP, three BB's, and four wild pitches. Ugly.
    Billings managed to lose a game in which it outhit the opponent 19-9. Meijas-Brean had four, and the three-hit club consisted of Pigott, Maddox, Gelalich and Lentz.

Four of the AZL toddlers--Travieso, Jose Guzman, Jackson Stephens and Abel De Los Santos--combined on a 1-hitter as the Goodyears won the second game, 2-1.

Josh Smith gave up only one earned run in six innings, but Bakersfield came up short, 4-3. Travis Mattair was 3-4 and Theo Bowe 2-5, both with doubles.

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    Josh Smith gave up only one earned run in six innings, but Bakersfield came up short, 4-3. Travis Mattair was 3-4 and Theo Bowe 2-5, both with doubles.
    Even though he has performed well at every level and has always been old for his league, the Reds have been reluctant to move Smith up more than one level per year. I saw him pitch once this year and thought his velocity was low (below 90 on the scoreboard).

I guess it is just as well that he finishes the year in Bakersfield. The Blaze really need pitching if they are to advance in the playoffs. With Robles hurt and Sharky moved up, they have only two reliable starters in Crabbe and Smith.

Turn Off Ads?