I really enjoyed the discussion about the Top 5 Reds arms, so I thought I'd create another one. A lot of you have seen a lot more of the game than I have, and I love reading about old players I'm not too familiar with .
Top 5 Reds defenders of my time as a diehard fan:
1. Barry Larkin (He was the gold standard for shortstops during his time. Great arm, great range. Total package.)
2. Brandon Phillips (Incredible second baseman. Makes the hard plays look routine, and makes the routine plays look like plays a little leaguer could make.)
3. Bret Boone (Before his head grew 3 sizes and he added 60 lbs of pure muscle, this guy was known solely for a great glove. And that glove alone was enough to keep him in the show and in the starting lineup.)
4. Pokey Reese (If he lasts a little longer, I probably put him higher on this list. He was an absolute joy to watch.)
5. Scott Rolen (This isn't Rolen in his prime, but I still feel he belongs on this list over Mike Cameron, Joey Votto, and some other deserving candidates. He's an absolute rock for our infield at the hot corner, and even with a bad shoulder and bad back, he's fascinating to watch).