Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marty

Marty

Turn on the game on the radio today and Marty comes on in the top of the fifth and says the Reds are being no hit by Tom Glavine Jr. thru four innings. The old guy gets a little crankynow and then.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Marty

Lol that's hilarious. The thing I love about Marty is that he is just like us when the Reds are doing bad. It's doomsday. 95 percent of us think the same things when Marty says it.

I haven't been around long as most of you guys, nor do I listen to him on a daily basis, but from what I have heard of Marty I think he is probably one of the best examples of a guy who calls it like he sees it. He's a likely HOF'er and has been around long enough to where he can probably say whatever he wants these days. I still wish I was able to listen to him and at the same time watch the game, but MLB.TV doesn't allow that.

Quote Originally Posted by WDE View Post
    I haven't been around long as most of you guys, nor do I listen to him on a daily basis, but from what I have heard of Marty I think he is probably one of the best examples of a guy who calls it like he sees it. He's a likely HOF'er and has been around long enough to where he can probably say whatever he wants these days. I still wish I was able to listen to him and at the same time watch the game, but MLB.TV doesn't allow that.
    Ya think?

I agree, Marty is awesome! I don't think the opinion of Marty by the majority of the fan base is accurately portrayed on this site where he seems to not be thought that highly of by a lot of people.

I feel like he's gotten more and more bitter as he's aged and really think some of the things he says he may not have had the nerve to say with Nuxie sitting next to him. They balanced each other out really well, and w/o him there he's pretty annoying, not to mention incorrect on quite a few of his "criticisms" and "soapbox" rants

Wish he didn't have the influence and power he does, bc he heavily shapes most casual fans opinions on the players.
    Newsflash!

Joey Votto does not care about RBI.

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

I can listen to the 700 feed while watching on MLB.tv. Do you have premium?

I love Marty and I love that he calls it like he sees it, even if it IS a negative comment. I might not agree w/everything he says when he says it, but I love the fact that he speaks his mind and doesn't just sugarcoat everything like so many other announcers.

I think I've seen just about all of our announcers/broadcasters talked down on this forum and all I have to say about that is some of you must not ever listen to other teams broadcasts Believe me, compared to most, us Reds fans actually have it REALLY GOOD w/who we have in the booth (TV/radio alike).

I watched the Cubs game on WGN Friday afternoon and I personally thought those guys were pretty terrible. I also travel quite a bit due to work and will watch whatever team that is on where I am....and 9 times out of 10, I will think "man, a lot of Reds fans really don't know just how darn good they have it when it comes to our announcers"

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    You can???? Is it synced together??? I have premium and I never knew this.

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BPhil4 View Post
    You can???? Is it synced together??? I have premium and I never knew this.
    If you have premium it can be done. They try not to let you, it seems, but if you play around with it, opening them in the right order you can do it.

I would get more detailed but I have been using the ps3 to sync the two for the last 2 years. Not quite sure the exact order it needs to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    O wow! I never knew you could! I will definitely try that! Do you just open the game twice?

Think Johnny Bench ever has a shot at the Hall of Fame too? Would be awesome to see these two guys get in for Cincinnati.

/trollin

O wow! I never knew you could! I will definitely try that! Do you just open the game twice?
    I use it on PS3, hit triangle, go to sound options. You can listen to the home broadcast, away broadcast, radio broadcast or just the plain audio from the park with no commentary.

WDE,
    If you haven't gotten the point yet, Marty's already in.

Quote Originally Posted by boiseheidleberg View Post
    WDE,
    If you haven't gotten the point yet, Marty's already in.

Yep,been there a while.

Turn Off Ads?