Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Indianapolis Colts discussion

Re: 2012 Indianapolis Colts discussion....a new era

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    After watching 3+ quarters of the first game, I think my 6 win prediction is high. The defense will be a struggle all season and the offensive line is terrible. I think 3 wins is more realistic.
    It's too early to say IMO. The Bears are literally one of the best teams in football. Colts have lots of injuries too. But your point about the defense and the O-Line is accurate. 6 may be ambitious, but I think they'll win 4-5.

I think Luck had a pretty decent debut, even though he had too many turnovers this week. Donald Brown needs to learn how to catch a short pass for crying outloud too.
    Last edited by fearofpopvol1; 09-10-2012 at 01:48 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    It's too early to say IMO. The Bears are literally one of the best teams in football. Colts have lots of injuries too. But your point about the defense and the O-Line is accurate. 6 may be ambitious, but I think they'll win 4-5.

I think Luck had a pretty decent debut, even though he had too many turnovers this week. Donald Brown needs to learn how to catch a short pass for crying outloud too.
    I think they will get better as the season goes along but I don't think Anthony Munoz is coming back from injury to fix the O-line play. Vontea Davis for a high 2nd round pick looks like a terrible deal for the Colts, he doesn't look like he can play at all.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

The Colts signed OL Trai Essex, who was part of two Super Bowl-winning teams in Pittsburgh. Not a cure-all, I know.

What also concerns me is the lack of a pass rush--Freeney must stay healthy. But we all knew that we were in for a rebuilding year.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Some how, some way my DVR of the game was cancelled, so for the first time in a long time I missed a Colts game. How did Luck look? I've heard mixed reports but I remember Peyton's first season and I know people who were angry we didn't draft Leaf.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

I think they will get better as the season goes along but I don't think Anthony Munoz is coming back from injury to fix the O-line play. Vontea Davis for a high 2nd round pick looks like a terrible deal for the Colts, he doesn't look like he can play at all.
    Keep in mind, they have a pretty easy schedule this season. Doesn't mean they'll win all those games, but they're playing a lot of bad teams this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Some how, some way my DVR of the game was cancelled, so for the first time in a long time I missed a Colts game. How did Luck look? I've heard mixed reports but I remember Peyton's first season and I know people who were angry we didn't draft Leaf.
    When you consider that Luck played against 1 of the best defenses in the game, I thought he looked pretty good. Threw too many picks obviously, but he made some nice throws. He was rushed a little much and the Colts need to O-Line help badly. I'd say he needs another WR to throw to and a better catching RB too.

Stat geek...and proud
    You know, that reminds me. I was actually at Manning's first regular season game. Oddly enough I haven't been to a game since. Might try to hit one this year. But, at that game, at halftime they announced out of town scores, and the Chargers were winning. A lot of people were like, "told you we should have taken Leaf." Bet those people won't admit that now. Something about Leaf didn't sit right with me before the draft, but a lot of fans wanted him over Peyton.

Was at the game yesterday. Exciting game. Luck has no protection. Hope he doesn't get hurt. The offensive line is weak.

A Colts win and losses by both the Patriots and the Ratbirds.

Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

I think the Colts have a good chance of winning this weekend against the Jags.

I am beginning to think 2012 Andrew Luck is better than 2012 Peyton Manning. Luck is something special.

I am beginning to think 2012 Andrew Luck is better than 2012 Peyton Manning. Luck is something special.
    I agree. As awesome as Manning was as a Colt for many years, it's nice to have a QB who can actually scramble for a first down as a bonus.

I'm pretty happy with the Colts. Luck looks good, but they're bad enough that they'll still get a top 5 pick next year. Jacksonville is lucky they play the Colts, they might not have any wins otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

I'm pretty happy with the Colts. Luck looks good, but they're bad enough that they'll still get a top 5 pick next year. Jacksonville is lucky they play the Colts, they might not have any wins otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree, the young guys are solid and will improve through the year and the Colts also have like 40 million in cap room next year. I think this will be a short rebuild.

I am beginning to think 2012 Andrew Luck is better than 2012 Peyton Manning.
    I'm not willing to go that far yet, but I think it's definitely fair to say that the Manning of 2012 isn't the Manning of 2010 or earlier. I thought Manning looked quite good today, it's just his O-Line couldn't handle the Texans and the defense wasn't very good either.

I'd go on further to say that the Colts made the right call with letting Manning go and not paying him the big bucks.

Turn Off Ads?