Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Indianapolis Colts discussion

Re: 2012 Indianapolis Colts discussion....a new era

Certainly it seems anything is possible with this team but i cant see them beating the Texans. They really should have lost to Det yesterday but as RFMia said the lions coaches were really dumb.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Certainly it seems anything is possible with this team but i cant see them beating the Texans. They really should have lost to Det yesterday but as RFMia said the lions coaches were really dumb.
    Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good!

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Just saw the Colts have a -16 turnover ratio (31st in the NFL). That needs to improve dramatically to have a chance at a playoff win. I still find it unbelievable that they are 8-4, and barring complete collapse, playoff bound.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post
    Just saw the Colts have a -16 turnover ratio (31st in the NFL). That needs to improve dramatically to have a chance at a playoff win. I still find it unbelievable that they are 8-4, and barring complete collapse, playoff bound.
    A lot of the Colts stats are totally misleading. They have only 2 wins over teams that are .500 or better(Vikings and Packers). In 3 of their 4 losses they were blown out(Bears, Jets, and Patriots).

If you throw out those 3 blow-out losses and their statistics change quite dramatically. And one could even argue that they should be 9-3 after giving a gift to the Jags. But the schedule is what it is and they have done a great job of doing what they have had to do.

With all that being said I cant believe they are staring a #4 seed right in the face and still have the ability to win their division.

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

So 10-5 going into the final game. Pagano is back and the Colts will either be playing NE or Baltimore on the road in round 1. If NE wins then its @ Balt, If NE loses and Balt wins then we're on the road in NE. This will be the first time since the 90's I rooted for NE to win anything.

Regardless of the outcome this has been an incredible season. I have not agonized over every regular season game like this in the last decade. Rookies playing like veterans is always fun to watch. As a baseball fan I know the bell curve does not always apply for growth, but you have to like where this team is headed in the future.

Amazing season!!

Colts fans are incredibly lucky to have Manning all those years and now Luck. Also making the playoffs like 11 of the past 12 years with a SB victory makes us a tad bit spoiled.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post
    So 10-5 going into the final game. Pagano is back and the Colts will either be playing NE or Baltimore on the road in round 1. If NE wins then its @ Balt, If NE loses and Balt wins then we're on the road in NE. This will be the first time since the 90's I rooted for NE to win anything.
    Pats fans have to root for the Colts today, too, but we've had practice at it from when you guys play the Jets, that makes it almost too easy.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Good win today, the Texans looked uninterested to me though. I really think the Colts can win in Baltimore.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Stat geek...and proud
    Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Good win today, the Texans looked uninterested to me though. I really think the Colts can win in Baltimore.
    And a win in Baltimore would send us to Denver if the Bengals were to lose. Eek. I don't know if I'm ready for that! It would be really hard to root against Peyton. Heck I named my dog after him!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    And a win in Baltimore would send us to Denver if the Bengals were to lose. Eek. I don't know if I'm ready for that! It would be really hard to root against Peyton. Heck I named my dog after him!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Yeah, its not ideal but I'd root against him for the first time ever. But I think Cincy will beat Houston.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

What is Skip Bayless smoking?

The cold, hard truth: Owner Jim Irsay made a monumental four-year mistake when he ceremoniously cut Peyton Manning last March. And Irsay and his new general manager, Ryan Grigson, compounded that calculated blunder last April by drafting Andrew Luck over Robert Griffin III.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/88...anapolis-colts
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Bayless is a moron, don't pay attention.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

I think that's the wrong question, the correct question is: what are you smoking that you'd waste even half a second of your life wondering about anything said by Skip Bayless?
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

It's not far fetched to say that RG3 would have been a better pick than Luck. Although I felt Luck was the correct pick at the time, I'm having 2nd thoughts now. The way RG3 has shown himself to be coachable and his huge leadership abilities have impressed the hell out of me. It goes without saying that his on the field skills are as advertised.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    It's not far fetched to say that RG3 would have been a better pick than Luck. Although I felt Luck was the correct pick at the time, I'm having 2nd thoughts now. The way RG3 has shown himself to be coachable and his huge leadership abilities have impressed the hell out of me. It goes without saying that his on the field skills are as advertised.
    He's a great player...

Anybody debating should see this for what it is.

Luck had (and still has) a much higher floor than RG3. RG3 has a bit higher of a ceiling.

RG3 will continue to be a higher injury risk, which is factored into his floor for me.
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

Turn Off Ads?