Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 67 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Cincinnati Bengals-Pittsburgh Steelers 2016 Playoff Thread

Cincinnati Bengals-Pittsburgh Steelers 2016 Playoff Thread

I know there's the discussion thread, but I have a feeling this is one that will need to be archived.

Ten years since Kimo rolled Palmers leg. Sheer hatred between these teams and the most favored Bengals team I can ever remember.

I think the Bengals win 27-23. Rain and no running threat by the Steelers slow down their offense.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Re: Cincinnati Bengals-Pittsburgh Steelers 2016 Playoff Thread

Here's the issue with the running game, though. Running has less to do with the back and more to do with the o-line. Also Toussant has fresh legs. Whether this means the loss of Williams won't be as detrimental as we think, I don't know.

That said, I still think the Bengals are going to win tonight. It just feels right.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Here's the issue with the running game, though. Running has less to do with the back and more to do with the o-line. Also Toussant has fresh legs. Whether this means the loss of Williams won't be as detrimental as we think, I don't know.

That said, I still think the Bengals are going to win tonight. It just feels right.
    Aren't you a Niners fan?

I think people have gone overboard on the concept of replacement level running backs. Maybe it's the vision component that separates the good from the bad. I think there will be a large drop off in performance tonight from the Steelers offense. Ben is going to have to throw 50+ times.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I think people have gone overboard on the concept of replacement level running backs.
    I agree. Williams was signed to help prevent the situation Pittsburgh was in last season after losing Bell. I don't expect Cinci to have any respect for the Steelers' run game, and they probably shouldn't.

Should be a good game regardless. Just hope it's clean and drama-free.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Aren't you a Niners fan?

Oh hell no! I think the Bengals actually want to win a Championship.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Steelers 31. Bengals 17. I'm not looking forward to watching Brian Hoyer play twice today but I think our Brian at least puts some points up on the Steelers D.

Quote Originally Posted by schmidty622 View Post
    Steelers 31. Bengals 17. I'm not looking forward to watching Brian Hoyer play twice today but I think our Brian at least puts some points up on the Steelers D.
    When has McCarron ever looked like Hoyer looks today? AJ has had issues reading zone coverage, but he's not an idiot and I have no doubt the coaches have been working with him to shore up that weakness. Going against man coverage, AJ has an arm that just picks that apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    When has McCarron ever looked like Hoyer looks today? AJ has had issues reading zone coverage, but he's not an idiot and I have no doubt the coaches have been working with him to shore up that weakness. Going against man coverage, AJ has an arm that just picks that apart.
    When has AJ ever started a playoff game, at night, against the Steelers? Do you think maybe the Steelers coaches have also been working on things since the last time they saw McCarron?

I wish I had your optimism! I guess I just like to be prepared for failure so I'm not disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by schmidty622 View Post
    When has AJ ever started a playoff game, at night, against the Steelers? Do you think maybe the Steelers coaches have also been working on things since the last time they saw McCarron?

I wish I had your optimism! I guess I just like to be prepared for failure so I'm not disappointed.
    To be fair, McCarron has had big game experience in college. So there's that.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Bengals will start the game on defense and have the ball coming out of halftime.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

3 and out!

Really Whit? False start already?

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Really Whit? False start already?
    Whit false start and Hill dancing around in the backfield instead of running over guys.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

16. Likes:

The Operator (01-09-2016)

Well they've already managed to give the practice squad guy a 9 yard rush. Hope that doesn't continue.

Turn Off Ads?