Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Indianapolis Colts discussion

Re: Indianapolis Colts discussion

I am thrilled with how the Colts play but I tell ya that was not the same Peyton Manning. That was painful.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

2. Likes:

Donder (01-11-2015),Razor Shines (01-11-2015),Revering4Blue (01-11-2015)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Very impressive road win. And while I agree Manning wasn't the same, I think it's more of a credit to the Colts defense. They stepped up and I think after that Manning fumble, he just wasn't the same.

I know Manning doesn't have a lot left but how much of his performance today was injury related vs. Father time?

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    I am thrilled with how the Colts play but I tell ya that was not the same Peyton Manning. That was painful.
    Yeah it was tough to watch him finish that game. Arm strength seems completely diminished. If it's not injury related, it might be time to hang them up.

On another note, the fans at Mile High were awful today. Booing a borrowed hall of famer off the field after all he's done for your team? They deserve to lose forever.
    Award Winning Baseball Player

6. Likes:

Hoosier Red (01-12-2015)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigredmechanism View Post
    Yeah it was tough to watch him finish that game. Arm strength seems completely diminished. If it's not injury related, it might be time to hang them up.

On another note, the fans at Mile High were awful today. Booing a borrowed hall of famer off the field after all he's done for your team? They deserve to lose forever.
    Yeah, that booing really bothered me. Geez, he aint even a year removed from taking them to the Super Bowl. Maybe the Broncos should have hung onto Cutler!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Yeah, that booing really bothered me. Geez, he aint even a year removed from taking them to the Super Bowl. Maybe the Broncos should have hung onto Cutler!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Correction, Tebow.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    Very impressive road win. And while I agree Manning wasn't the same, I think it's more of a credit to the Colts defense. They stepped up and I think after that Manning fumble, he just wasn't the same.

I know Manning doesn't have a lot left but how much of his performance today was injury related vs. Father time?
    I really haven't followed Denver all year other than watching them play here and there on national games. But the Colts dominated the game really from start to finish on both sides of the ball. I too give credit to the Colts D, and what has become the expected from Luck.

As far as Manning, he didn't look very good. I don't think there is anyone in this world that takes his job more seriously than he does and that would include conditioning. I would like to think something was wrong with him physically as opposed to just old age.

I have already seen on other boards where the Bronco fans are placing this loss squarely on Peyton, if for no other reason than his past history success(or lack of) in previous years. But that Bronco defense got picked apart. Where was that pass rush? Where was that vaunted secondary? Luck wasn't hardly pressured and guys were wide open down field.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    Correction, Tebow.
    LOL

I think Peyton should hang it up. The Colts did play him well but the only reason they could was because of Peyton's limitations. The Colts scouted Peyton and determined that he could not throw anything over their heads. They correctly determined that Peyton could only throw like Jon Kitna . Therefore the defense crowded the LOS and tackled/contested everything short. It was sad to see such a great QB limited so. Even in his final drive where long passes were a must and short passes were poison, Peyton continued to dump off 2 yd passes in the field of play. Peyton says that he's healthy. He'll lose some teammates due to free agency and he'll likely lose his OC. The time has come

That same Peyton last night looked like the one in Cincy a few weeks ago. His arm strength is gone, defenses know that, and they are forcing him to throw short and then tackling the WR. I don't think he can be successful over a 16 game season, I think he can win games early but as the season goes along his arm begins to tire. I also don't know if playing in Colorado suits him, a dome or warm weather city may prolong his season.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    That same Peyton last night looked like the one in Cincy a few weeks ago. His arm strength is gone, defenses know that, and they are forcing him to throw short and then tackling the WR. I don't think he can be successful over a 16 game season, I think he can win games early but as the season goes along his arm begins to tire. I also don't know if playing in Colorado suits him, a dome or warm weather city may prolong his season.
    Pretty interesting observation there bucksfan. We hear about warm weather teams struggling in cold weather. In Manning's case he has struggled his entire NFL career when the temperature has been 40 degrees or lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Pretty interesting observation there bucksfan. We hear about warm weather teams struggling in cold weather. In Manning's case he has struggled his entire NFL career when the temperature has been 40 degrees or lower.
    Manning has always been worse outdoors in cold weather. I think a little of that has to do with his "weaker" arm strength, especially in cold, windy, wintry conditions. But I think the biggest hurdle had to do with the Colts playing the vast majority of their games in perfect conditions. Dome teams have historically struggled outdoors in cold weather. When you practice and play in calm, 70 degree weather, it shocks your system when you are forced to play in sub freezing temperatures. It may not be the actual game, but standing on the sidelines, trying to get warm, you joints are a little stiffer, your hands are a little colder, your grip may not be the same. Its different and it is more difficult.

I found it ironic that Manning would go to Denver because of the elements. He would be forced to play his home games in elements that he struggled in in the past, and those elements could strike as early as October. I still think Manning could be a good QB for the first 10 or so games of the season, but I think as the season goes along his arm is going to get weaker. Could the Bronco's go 8-2 and then hold on to get a slot in the playoffs, absolutely. But you saw it last night, his deep throws were off (I think he may have to release earlier than he wanted) and his ball fluttered more than usual. He still has full command of the offense, but if he isn't accurate, you are going to see what the Colts did all the time.

15. Likes:

Assembly Hall (01-12-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Manning has always been worse outdoors in cold weather. I think a little of that has to do with his "weaker" arm strength, especially in cold, windy, wintry conditions. But I think the biggest hurdle had to do with the Colts playing the vast majority of their games in perfect conditions. Dome teams have historically struggled outdoors in cold weather. When you practice and play in calm, 70 degree weather, it shocks your system when you are forced to play in sub freezing temperatures. It may not be the actual game, but standing on the sidelines, trying to get warm, you joints are a little stiffer, your hands are a little colder, your grip may not be the same. Its different and it is more difficult.

I found it ironic that Manning would go to Denver because of the elements. He would be forced to play his home games in elements that he struggled in in the past, and those elements could strike as early as October. I still think Manning could be a good QB for the first 10 or so games of the season, but I think as the season goes along his arm is going to get weaker. Could the Bronco's go 8-2 and then hold on to get a slot in the playoffs, absolutely. But you saw it last night, his deep throws were off (I think he may have to release earlier than he wanted) and his ball fluttered more than usual. He still has full command of the offense, but if he isn't accurate, you are going to see what the Colts did all the time.

Great points and I concur to a point. Manning has struggled in the play-offs his entire career no matter where the game was played at.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I think Peyton should hang it up. The Colts did play him well but the only reason they could was because of Peyton's limitations. The Colts scouted Peyton and determined that he could not throw anything over their heads. They correctly determined that Peyton could only throw like Jon Kitna . Therefore the defense crowded the LOS and tackled/contested everything short. It was sad to see such a great QB limited so. Even in his final drive where long passes were a must and short passes were poison, Peyton continued to dump off 2 yd passes in the field of play. Peyton says that he's healthy. He'll lose some teammates due to free agency and he'll likely lose his OC. The time has come

Never thought they'd get to face Jon Kitna impersonators in back to back weeks of the playoffs.

Colts O-Line and D-Line deserve a ton of credit. THough they've been very much a mixed bag for the regular season, they've been great the last two weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Never thought they'd get to face Jon Kitna impersonators in back to back weeks of the playoffs.

Colts O-Line and D-Line deserve a ton of credit. THough they've been very much a mixed bag for the regular season, they've been great the last two weeks.
    ESPN is reporting today that Peyton had a torn quad. That explains a lot but at his age I still don't think he should try to come back from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    ESPN is reporting today that Peyton had a torn quad. That explains a lot but at his age I still don't think he should try to come back from that.
    If Votto missed 3/4 of a baseball season due to a strain how long would Peyton miss because of a tear?

There are conflicting reports over the severity of his injury, some say it's a strain not a tear.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Turn Off Ads?