Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Indianapolis Colts discussion

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Re: Indianapolis Colts discussion

Found this posted earlier in the thread http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/88...anapolis-colts Skip Bayless pointing out the mistake of drafting Luck over RG3 and why the Colts should have just kept Manning.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post
    Found this posted earlier in the thread http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/88...anapolis-colts Skip Bayless pointing out the mistake of drafting Luck over RG3 and why the Colts should have just kept Manning.
    Colts fans love Manning because a strong argument could be made that he saved the franchise, but as a general rule few Colts fans at least knowlegeable ones anyway wanted to keep Manning and pass on Luck.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

The day I start believing what ole "Skippy" says, is the day I need a bullet in my head.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    The day I start believing what ole "Skippy" says, is the day I need a bullet in my head.
    Skip was spot-on about the Bears passing on Culpepper and drafting McNown instead..but that's about it.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Skip was spot-on about the Bears passing on Culpepper and drafting McNown instead..but that's about it.
    Skip should have been a weatherman, it fits his prognostication skills.

So you're showing how clueless Bayless was. Is that your purpose? The ones that really got burned in all of that was the Wash Redskins who gave up so much to get RG3

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    So you're showing how clueless Bayless was. Is that your purpose? The ones that really got burned in all of that was the Wash Redskins who gave up so much to get RG3
    Poor Redskins fans. I feel so sorry for them.

Well now wasn't that special?
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Just ugly.

That was just so..redundant. I mean they did the same thing they've done to us. I don't know I half expected some type of innovative game plan by the Colts to throw a wrinkle at the Pats. I just don't think Pegano and this coaching staff are those kind of guys. I think Pegano is like "we're a good team, we don't need anything fancy. We're gonna go out there and play Colt football like we have all season and if they beat us, hats off to them." I'm not a football genius so, maybe I'm crazy...but what did the Colts expect the Patriots to do?

Maybe all the changes in the world and the Colts would still lose but it would have been nice to see something different.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

There isnt a team in football that would have won in NE.

Patriots have always had our number. Next year the Colts have to have the mind set to get home field advantage, or at least be seeded above the Pats.

14. Likes:

Donder (01-20-2015)

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Grigson needs to step it up. This franchise desperately needs a run of successful drafts like Polian had when he first began his tenure in Indy. As things stand today, few overall rosters are less talented than the Colts -- throwing out QB, obviously. That has to change if this team wants to sniff the conference championship in the near future. They cannot count on a division as weak as it was this year. Moreover, at least three other AFC playoff teams were also banged up, which benefited the Colts greatly.

One narrative that needs to be put to bed is the Colts should have kept Arians instead of Pagano. Really? Arians' system nearly got Luck killed.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Patriots have always had our number. Next year the Colts have to have the mind set to get home field advantage, or at least be seeded above the Pats.
    Are the Colts that good?

I see the Colts as a good team, not a great team, a team that was aided by playing in a terrible division this year. I think Houston will be better but Tennessee and Jacksonville will still be terrible. I think Indy is a team that is much more reliant on home field advantage than the better teams in the AFC.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Are the Colts that good?

I see the Colts as a good team, not a great team, a team that was aided by playing in a terrible division this year. I think Houston will be better but Tennessee and Jacksonville will still be terrible. I think Indy is a team that is much more reliant on home field advantage than the better teams in the AFC.
    Well they won at Baltimore. And to be honest, pissed one away against Philly early in the year that cost them some seeding. I agree they play in a very weak division, that might not get better any time soon. They will have a first place schedule next year and I am thinking they play the NFC South(could be wrong). I also don't know whether they play the AFC East or West. But they will play New England, Pittsburgh, and Denver.

The Colts made a step this year, they need to take the next one, next year.

Turn Off Ads?