Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Indianapolis Colts discussion

Re: Indianapolis Colts discussion

Yes, the Colts play the NFC South which was the weakest division last year and I expect that to continue next yr. The AFC North benefited from that this yr leading to both WCs coming from that division. Of course they also drew the easiest AFC div, the AFC South

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Yes, the Colts play the NFC South which was the weakest division last year and I expect that to continue next yr. The AFC North benefited from that this yr leading to both WCs coming from that division. Of course they also drew the easiest AFC div, the AFC South
    Oooops, read that wrong!!!
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Well I just looked at it for 2015. The Colts get the NFC South and the AFC East. They get Denver and New England at home, and the Steelers on the road.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

In a not so surprising move, but sad from sentimental standpoint, the Colts announced today that Reggie Wayne will not be re-signed. Thanks for the memories, Reggie. Just a hunch, but I bet Wayne winds up in either Denver or New England. The million dollar question is just how will the WR position be addressed? Free agency? (Cobb) - Trade ?(Andre Johnson) - Draft?

Also, I read one mock draft that has local hero, RB Tevin Coleman, going to the Colts in the first round. Opinions?
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

6. Likes:

Dom Heffner (03-06-2015),Razor Shines (03-06-2015)

Best of luck to Reggie in his future endeavors.

Rev, I think the WR situation is fine just the way it is.

And I would love to see Coleman in blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Best of luck to Reggie in his future endeavors.

Rev, I think the WR situation is fine just the way it is.

And I would love to see Coleman in blue.
    Hilton needs help, they need a veteran #2.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Yep. I would have made that deal for Marshal that the Jets made had it been offered to Grigson.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

From Rotoworld w/ Rotoworld comments:

Free agent DE/OLB Trent Cole will visit the Colts if he leaves Tampa Bay without a contract.

The 49ers have also expressed interest, though no meeting is scheduled. Of the three teams currently linked to Cole, the Buccaneers offer the best fit because they utilize a 4-3 scheme. Cole was let go by the Eagles amidst of a flurry of transactions earlier in the week.

Source: Matt Barrows on Twitter
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Yep. I would have made that deal for Marshal that the Jets made had it been offered to Grigson.
    Marshall is a major diva, no thanks. I would like them to get Andre Johnson if he becomes available.

Marshall is a major diva, no thanks. I would like them to get Andre Johnson if he becomes available.
    Now you're talking. But Johnson will cost much more than Marshall cost the Jets. Plus, it would weaken a divisional opponent

Why? If they want to reach the next level a veteran #2 WR is the least of their concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Why? If they want to reach the next level a veteran #2 WR is the least of their concerns.
    The Patriots showed the league how to stop T.Y., a veteran is needed. I don't think its priority #1,2 or 3 but it's needed. They need a pass rusher, running back (hopefully Tevin Coleman), a few safeties, a run stopper in the middle, a linebacker or 2 who can cover on the pass and a guard.

15. Likes:

Hoosier Red (03-10-2015),Revering4Blue (03-08-2015)

The Patriots showed the league how to stop T.Y., a veteran is needed. I don't think its priority #1,2 or 3 but it's needed. They need a pass rusher, running back (hopefully Tevin Coleman), a few safeties, a run stopper in the middle, a linebacker or 2 who can cover on the pass and a guard.
    To me the most important thing is making sure Luck aint on his back all the time. My secondary concern is being able to consistently run the ball.

A stronger Defense so Luck doesn't have to make 14-point comebacks so often would help.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

I'd favor Johnson...he's got another great year or two left and would be a beast. This would allow the team to not commit long-term to him while getting productive years. They can then focus on defense, maybe a new running back and continued improvement to the O-line.

Turn Off Ads?