Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Indianapolis Colts discussion

Re: Indianapolis Colts discussion

If Luck can do what he did with Wayne the last two years, he can do as much, if not more, with Johnson for two years.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Looks like Frank Gore is signing with the Colts. A little old for the RB position, but I guess with only 8 million in guaranteed money, might be a good stopgap pickup. Especially if he can run for 1000 yards.

Apparently Johnson is meeting with the Colts too, though a deal isn't imminent at this point.

A better signing than Gore or Andre is Trent Cole. While Cole is at his best as a 4-3 RDE, he'll be good as the Colts WLB in their 3-4.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    Looks like Frank Gore is signing with the Colts. A little old for the RB position, but I guess with only 8 million in guaranteed money, might be a good stopgap pickup. Especially if he can run for 1000 yards.
    Herron proved to be an excellent backup. He gets to go back to that role. Herron can also play more Special Teams' this way. Gore will also receive four or five times the number of passing targets with Luck than he had with Kaepernick the last couple of seasons. Gore is still very effective in the passing game. Fewer direct blasts into the line will make Gore more effective.

I'm not sure what I think about the Gore signing. But I love the Cole and Langford signings.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I'm not sure what I think about the Gore signing. But I love the Cole and Langford signings.
    PFF on the Langford signing...

Adam Schefter explains why Kendall Langford cancelled his visit to Denver, and that’s because he’s already signed with the Colts. Langford offers some front versatility after a so-so season in St Louis were he lost his starting spot to excellent rookie Aaron Donald. The former third round pick never delivered as we expected in St Louis, struggling to get the kind of pressure that we saw him pick up in Miami. Perhaps a move away from a quite rigid 4-3 will see the best of him as the Colts appear to have replaced Cory Redding (and perhaps surprisingly they did it without going after a former Raven). At 29 years of age he significantly brings down the average age of the Colts free agent haul.

From PFF...

Adam Schefter reports that is the Patriots who have landed the first visit of Jabaal Sheard. The Browns edge defender has experience in both even and odd fronts which automatically piques the interest of New England given the fluidity of the defense they play to match their personnel. Sheard burst onto the scene as a rookie but you feel the constant change in Cleveland hasn’t been ideal for him, especially with high priced free agent and early draft picks taking playing time away from him. Sheard was our second ranked 3-4 outside linebacker against the run in 2014 and has shown an ability to generate pressure. But given the Patriots have both Rob Ninkovich and Chandler Jones on the roster (and neither man are big fans of leaving the field) we can’t really see them producing the necessary funds, playing time and role that would take Sheard off a market that has seen it’s edge rusher talent thin.

From Rotoworld...

Sheard failed as a 3-4 outside linebacker last season, but would be tasked with getting after the passer in New England. He's also drawn interest from the Bucs, Bengals and Seahawks. Still only 26 (in May), Sheard won't be on the open market long.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

I love the Gore signing, but I would still like the Colts to get that RB from IU!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I love the Gore signing, but I would still like the Colts to get that RB from IU!!!!!!
    Coleman reminds me of Eric Dickerson. Sounds like Andre Johnson is leaving town without a contract, going to ne bummed if he doesn't sign here.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Coleman reminds me of Eric Dickerson. Sounds like Andre Johnson is leaving town without a contract, going to ne bummed if he doesn't sign here.
    From Rotoworld w/ Rotoworld comments:

Colts agreed to terms with WR Andre Johnson, formerly of the Texans, on a three-year, $21 million contract.

Johnson announced the deal on his Instagram page and will reunite with his former Miami Hurricanes OC Rob Chudzinski and teammate Frank Gore. It's another dagger into the hearts of Texans fans, as Johnson is staying in the division. Expect the soon-to-be 34-year-old to replace Reggie Wayne as the starter in two-wide sets opposite T.Y. Hilton, while sophomore Donte Moncrief takes over as the No. 3 receiver for outgoing free agent Hakeem Nicks. The Colts continue to surround Andrew Luck with as much talent possible.

Source: Andre Johnson on Instagram

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Coleman reminds me of Eric Dickerson.
    Never thought of that comparison before. But I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Never thought of that comparison before. But I like it.
    He runs upright like Dickerson and has a mad burst

I wasn't sure about Gore, I really don't understand signing Andre Johnson. Obviously he can still catch anything near him but he's 34.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I wasn't sure about Gore, I really don't understand signing Andre Johnson. Obviously he can still catch anything near him but he's 34.
    What is there to understand? The colts needed a veteran receiver until Moncrief grows into a number 2. He is an upgrade over Reggie and has a team friendly contract

What took them so long?

Colts cut Trent Richardson.

Turn Off Ads?