Turn Off Ads?
Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Indianapolis Colts discussion

Re: Indianapolis Colts discussion

Count me in favor of the Johnson signing. I'm not sure I would want him for that last year, but sign me up for 2015 and probably 2016 too. I can't seem to find how much he gets guaranteed though?

Anyway, Colts need another sure handed target who won't drop the ball. Johnson is that guy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Johnson is also going to be running different routes than he has his whole career. He's always been the deep threat on the left, and now he's going to be the possession Receiver on the right running slants, outs, and other short routes. He'll be playing with a great QB for the first time in his life. He's going to love it.

He could easily get 90 catches each the next two seasons. Probably not going to average more than 11.5 per catch. Probably not, but he could get into the 12's. They can always cut him after that if it's apparent the drop-off is too great. They can also draft a WR in the 1st or 2nd this year that they can work into the lineup over the next three years, but they're likely to give 21-year old Donte Moncrief that opportunity and instead continue to shore up their Defense early in the draft. After a nice off-season, they're in a better position to go BPA, so they could go with someone unexpected.

He and Luck should be off on timing the first half of the year, but after that, it should be smooth sailing.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 03-13-2015 at 01:16 AM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    I can't seem to find how much he gets guaranteed though?
    http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/indianapolis-colts/cap/

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/indianapo...andre-johnson/
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    What took them so long?

Colts cut Trent Richardson.
    LOL...the Colts management forgot about him? He has been invisible...or rather non-existant.

Thanks! I'm totally cool with $10M guaranteed. That makes me even happier about the deal.

I'm sure I'll understand eventually.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Costly turnovers, costly penalties, and a very porous defense. I hope yesterday was a mirage.

I'm positive at some point I'll be illuminated to the genius of Grigson spending the money on Gore and Johnson. I can't wait!

Remember when the Lakers won the championship by signing an aging Karl Malone and Gary Payton? That was awesome.

Sounds like things are gonna get ugly in Indy. Pagano making statements like a guy who didn't get a contract extension and knows he's gone at the end of the year makes.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Sounds like things are gonna get ugly in Indy. Pagano making statements like a guy who didn't get a contract extension and knows he's gone at the end of the year makes.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...t-trigonometry

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Luck should just go ahead and take 11 sacks next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Is Pagano that good of a coach? I feel like everyone anointed him a great coach during the "Chuck Strong" time, but IMO Ariens is a much better coach.

Here is the thing with the Colts, they have an elite QB, a team built completely around offense, a team that plays the majority of their games in perfect conditions, and a team that has 6 games against doormats (Texans, Jags, and Titans.) They will probably go 5-1 in divisional games, win the AFC East, maybe sneak a playoff game win in there, but will have trouble advancing once they head outside in January. Luck is good enough to win this division but I don't think this Colts team is very good. That may change if they get their act together.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Is Pagano that good of a coach? I feel like everyone anointed him a great coach during the "Chuck Strong" time, but IMO Ariens is a much better coach.

Here is the thing with the Colts, they have an elite QB, a team built completely around offense, a team that plays the majority of their games in perfect conditions, and a team that has 6 games against doormats (Texans, Jags, and Titans.) They will probably go 5-1 in divisional games, win the AFC East, maybe sneak a playoff game win in there, but will have trouble advancing once they head outside in January. Luck is good enough to win this division but I don't think this Colts team is very good. That may change if they get their act together.
    No, he's not a good coach. I wish so badly there would have been an acceptable way to keep Arians as the head coach and let go of Pegano. Pep can go anytime now too.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post

The Colts are in the AFC South; you probably knew that but I just wanted to get that straight. Their division sucks so much that Indy's gone undefeated w/i the division the last two yrs. 5-1 isn't a bad guess. I think they will win the division but the division is better this yr.

If the Colts are built around offense why is their O line so bad? Isn't that the first thing (addressing the O line) one would do after getting Luck?

Turn Off Ads?