Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Indianapolis Colts discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I haven't been this excited for a season in a while. I agree 5-7 wins is where they'll end up, but it's gonna be something new and it's gonna be cool to see them grow. I wouldn't be upset with 3-13 either.

I'd be cool with Denver winning a couple championships in the mean time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As I said I was more excited for this season than I've been in a while and now I've enjoyed this season as much or more than any other season in a while. This is the first time in probably 10 years where the Colts have exceeded my expectations of them going into a season. Sure they could lose 6 out of 7 and end up where we thought they would but I really think they are a playoff team now.

"I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2012 Indianapolis Colts discussion....a new era

Great surprise season, I thought their O-line would be their downfall but they seem to have patched it together somehow. I think they are a play off team and they are fun to watch, really impressed with what Ryan Grigson has done and is really looking forward to what he can do next year in free agency when the Colts have 40+ million to spend.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Another win for Indy. Luck looked a little shaky in the first half and threw a couple times into double coverage, but a win is a win. This one was all defense and special teams. Well coached game with enough big plays to win a game I thought they would lose.

7-4

@Detroit
    vs Tennessee
    @Houston
    @Kansas City
    vs Houston

Looking at the remaining schedule I see the Colts going 3-2. Withs wins vs Tenn, @ KC, and vs Hou. I'm think we win vs Hou just because by then Hou will already have a first round bye locked up and probably homefield advantage. It's time that the karma of letting inferior teams beat them because they sat all starters in week 17 actually turns in our favor. If the Colts can steal one @ Det next, I see no reason to not think they get a home game in the WC round.

What an amazing season to follow so far. This has been the most excited regular season for to watch since 1999 (worst to first 10 game turnaround).

Wildcard teams cannot host first round games; they're always lower seeds than division winners (regardless of record).

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    Wildcard teams cannot host first round games; they're always lower seeds than division winners (regardless of record).
    I knew that. No idea what I was thinking when I typed it though...

Football Outsiders (sort of like Baseball Prospectus for football) has Indy 28th in the NFL in their DVOA ratings:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvo...2-dvoa-ratings

They have them ranked as the league's worst defense. As a Bengals fan I'm hoping the Colts somehow lose 3-4 more games (probably unlikely with that schedule.) Any thoughts on that DVOA ranking from people that watch them every week?
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Football Outsiders (sort of like Baseball Prospectus for football) has Indy 28th in the NFL in their DVOA ratings:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvo...2-dvoa-ratings

They have them ranked as the league's worst defense. As a Bengals fan I'm hoping the Colts somehow lose 3-4 more games (probably unlikely with that schedule.) Any thoughts on that DVOA ranking from people that watch them every week?
    I saw another stat this weekend that said the Colts have held the lead the second fewest minutes in the league. Kinda shook me to a little reality. I think it comes back to that whole does "clutch" exist and is it a repeatable skill debate. I know it exists, I've felt it but I'm unsure of how much it can be relied upon. I do buy it more in basketball and football (for a QB or kicker) than in baseball, maybe for a pitcher.

The Colts have 5 games remaining and I could see them losing all of them. I think they get a little help playing the Texans at home the last game of the season when Houston should have everything wrapped up. More likely I see them going 2-3 or 3-2. For some reason I can see KC giving them troubles. KC is a doormat by they play at Arrowhead and I wonder how this team would do playing outdoors in the cold.

This years Colts team is last years Bengals, they will make the playoffs and get smoked. I think it's great that they are winning and probably going to the playoffs but ultimately it will just delay their rebuild another season. The Colts as a franchise would have been better off going 3-13 and getting another season of high draft picks.

Is there any concern that your coach could be ready to go for next year and Arians leaves to take another job since he has been pretty impressive in this situation?

Stat geek...and proud
    Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    Is there any concern that your coach could be ready to go for next year and Arians leaves to take another job since he has been pretty impressive in this situation?
    With cancer there's always a concern, but his prognosis seems to be good.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Wow. I really don't know what else there is to say.

Luck is unbelievable but the Lions coaching staff should be fired tonight IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    Arians is like 60 years old, not many teams are interested in a 60+ year old first time head coach.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

The Colts could still win their division. It would take some luck(no pun intended), but it is a possibility. Houston plays New England next week. The 'shoes have two games remaining with the Texans. Just sayin'

Turn Off Ads?