Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Indianapolis Colts discussion

I think if RG3 had to play on this Colts team people would be singing a different tune. Luck is forced to put it up 45+ times a game while getting hit almost everytime. I think he's been downright amazing this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2012 Indianapolis Colts discussion....a new era

The Colts made the right decision with Luck over RGIII and cutting Manning.

Going to be an interesting off season with all the money they have to spend. I hope they do not promote Clyde C to O coordinator if Arians leaves and I would not shed any tears if Arians leaves, he did a great job but I dislike the Steeler style of offense he runs.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I think if RG3 had to play on this Colts team people would be singing a different tune. Luck is forced to put it up 45+ times a game while getting hit almost everytime. I think he's been downright amazing this season.

No doubt at all... I love the Luck pick. Can't wait to see what Grigson does with 40+ million in cap space and a full offseason. Game on.
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

Would the Colts have a better record this season with Peyton rather than Luck?

I'm sort of doubtful, because Peyton would have ended up leaving on a stretcher.

Luck is the much better QB for the rebuild job that the Colts HAD to do. He's accelerated things for that organization by 2 seasons at least.

Quote Originally Posted by REDblooded View Post
    He's a great player...

Anybody debating should see this for what it is.

Luck had (and still has) a much higher floor than RG3. RG3 has a bit higher of a ceiling.

RG3 will continue to be a higher injury risk, which is factored into his floor for me.
    I agree with you on all counts but do you agree with me that it is a worthy debate? Bayless is not out in LF on this one

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I agree with you on all counts but do you agree with me that it is a worthy debate? Bayless is not out in LF on this one
    Yes, he is out in LF, like he always is, by declaring it a mistake based on one season during which Griffin has already been seriously injured and Manning would have cost them a fortune to retain and, while still great, isn't getting any younger.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

There's a good chance RG3 tore his ACL tonight.

Bayless says the most ridiculous things he can so he can get ratings. It's really that simple. I'm not going to fault him for it--after all, it's effective--but I'm not going to help him get what he wants by paying attention to him.

No. It's one thing if you think there is a debate but Bayless was saying drafting Luck was a blunder.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

No. It's one thing if you think there is a debate but Bayless was saying drafting Luck was a blunder.

That's how I view it. Not to slight RGIII at all. As a fan, I would have been thrilled to death to land RGIII.

But suggesting that the Colts made a "monumental four-year mistake" by letting Peyton Manning go shouldn't even be up for debate. I'm not even sure that the casual Colts fans are buying that anymore.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Until one of the two massively outdistances the other, there will always be a debate...

However, Luck was the right pick for the Colts. They weren't in a position to gamble on upside vs safety especially when the difference in upside is lesser than the difference in risk...

RG3 has proven himself to be pretty much exactly what I expected. Great kid. Great leader. Great arm. Great athlete. Great injury risk.

He had a much better supporting cast surrounding him.

Anybody trying to judge them off of their rookie seasons is moving far too fast. Let's see what the Colts and Luck look like in a season or two. The Colts offensive line was awful this year. The Colts will have $40+ million in cap room this offseason.
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Bayless says the most ridiculous things he can so he can get ratings. It's really that simple. I'm not going to fault him for it--after all, it's effective--but I'm not going to help him get what he wants by paying attention to him.
    OK fine. Is this one of them? Is suggesting that RGIII will be better than Andrew Luck a ridiculous notion?

Perhaps it was. RGIII may turn out to be better. We can't rule that out at this point

OK fine. Is this one of them? Is suggesting that RGIII will be better than Andrew Luck a ridiculous notion?
    It's not ridiculous at all to suggest that RGIII could have a better career than Luck. But to say releasing Manning and drafting Luck are both blunders is just silly. The Colts are coming off their most successful season since the last time they went to the Super Bowl. RGIII had a worse record with a better supporting case. Please explain to me how taking Luck over Griffin is a blunder. (And I haven't even brought up the injury concerns yet.)

Is RGIII a better QB than Luck? Maybe. Heck, probably. But picking Luck instead is hardly a blunder.

Is it a blunder that they didn't trade down and draft Russell Wilson and a lot of other players with the extra picks?
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Turn Off Ads?