Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Indianapolis Colts discussion

Re: 2012 Indianapolis Colts discussion....a new era

I just don't see anything Richardson does that the Colts couldn't have gotten with a replacement player. I know he didn't have much time with the offense but I just have never been that impressed with him.

I know they didn't want to get stuck relying on Bradshaw because of injury history but if Bradshaw goes down I don't see how having Richardson is going to make up the difference. I think Bradshaw has shown he's still an elite back when healthy, Richardson is not.

I'm not that angry about the move it's just not a move I want a team I root for making. Especially the way Irsay was talking about it.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I just don't see anything Richardson does that the Colts couldn't have gotten with a replacement player. I know he didn't have much time with the offense but I just have never been that impressed with him.

I know they didn't want to get stuck relying on Bradshaw because of injury history but if Bradshaw goes down I don't see how having Richardson is going to make up the difference. I think Bradshaw has shown he's still an elite back when healthy, Richardson is not.

I'm not that angry about the move it's just not a move I want a team I root for making. Especially the way Irsay was talking about it.
    I'm with you, not impressed with Richardson play today for sure, Bradshaw wasa beast today and Don Brown looked good. That was the best game the Colts have played since #18 left.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

What a win today on the road. This is the thing with the Colts and I think the Bengals too. You just don't know what team you're going to get each week. But gotta feel good about the team at least. Luck has been amazing.

5. Likes:

cinredsfan2000 (12-23-2013),thatcoolguy_22 (12-27-2013)

I was looking at the Colts game stats and saw that Mathis had 2 sacks giving him 19.5 on the season.
    Have to say I'm really impressed with how big of a season he had after making the switch to a 3-4 OLB in his 11th season.

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

In case everyone missed it, a kind of big comeback happened today. #luckdynasty

I think it was the best playoff game I'd seen, when excluding magnitude of the win. I would not want to be a Chiefs fan and I feel for them.

Bad end of the season but a successful one none the less. The Colts need to address the interior of the offensive line and add a decent receiver on offense. I wonder what they will do with Trent Richardson? They can't cut him can they?

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post
    Interesting column but what exactly do you wish to discuss and why did you choose to post it in an Indy Colts thread?

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

OC Pep Hamilton sticking with Colts after Vanderbilt interview.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Re: Indianapolis Colts discussion

I like what Grigson and the Colts have done so far, if they could get Alex Mack this off season would be a slam dunk.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    I like what Grigson and the Colts have done so far, if they could get Alex Mack this off season would be a slam dunk.
    I wasn't thrilled with the D'Qwell Jackson signing but I think the Nicks signing is great. 1 yr. $3.5MM, that's a nice signing.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I wasn't thrilled with the D'Qwell Jackson signing but I think the Nicks signing is great. 1 yr. $3.5MM, that's a nice signing.
    If Jackson can help stop the run then I'm ok with it. I like bringing Bradshaw back, if healthy he is a beast

I read this article before last week's game but I still completely agree with it.

From the article:

Yet despite Luck's multitude of exceptional qualities, Indianapolis offensive coordinator Pep Hamilton doesn't play to his strengths. Luck's ability to quickly diagnose coverages and locate the direction of the defense's pressure begs for a wide-open offensive attack. With receivers Reggie Wayne, T.Y. Hilton and Hakeem Nicks on the field together, Luck can systematically carve up a defense with his arm. With so many capable pass catchers spreading out the defense, Luck can pick up big yardage himself when his targets are covered. Instead, Hamilton favors a power run approach with multiple tight ends and limited big play potential.
    http://www.sportsonearth.com/article...b-running-game

I can certainly understand the distaste for Pep Hamilton, but I'm not entirely sold on Luck yet either. He's been a good QB thus far, and he's shown improvement each season (especially this one), but I'm not sure I see the next John Elway. He's not terribly accurate, he throws picks, he gets a lot of credit for his mobility, yet rarely influences the game with his legs (outside the TD vulturing, not that I'm bitter). I think he's a good, possibly even Pro Bowl-caliber QB, but I don't understand the sustained adulation that seems to place him above his peers (Dalton, Wilson, etc.).

Also, while he may not be airing it out like some would like, he is currently leading the NFL in pass attempts/game.

Turn Off Ads?