Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Indianapolis Colts discussion

Re: Indianapolis Colts discussion

Luck is a star. He threw 9 picks last year and lost his security blanket in Wayne halfway thru the season and was throwing to the likes of Griff Whalen and Da'Rick Rogers, Peyton threw 6 picks in a game throwing to guys like that.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Luck is a star. He threw 9 picks last year and lost his security blanket in Wayne halfway thru the season and was throwing to the likes of Griff Whalen and Da'Rick Rogers, Peyton threw 6 picks in a game throwing to guys like that.
    Pretty big believer in the QB making the player and not the other way around, but Wayne's a Hall of Fame possibility, T.Y. looks like a damn good slot player or #3, Nicks is a former Pro Bowler (if diminished), Montcrief is a third round pick, Fleener a second rounder and Allen another third round pick. Who knows what Richardson is, Bradshaw's injury-prone but no slouch when healthy. I'd say that's at the very least a league average supporting cast.

I'm not saying Luck's a bum, I'm just not ready to anoint him the next Peyton, Brady or what have you. I do think there are better offensive coordinators available.

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    Pretty big believer in the QB making the player and not the other way around, but Wayne's a Hall of Fame possibility, T.Y. looks like a damn good slot player or #3, Nicks is a former Pro Bowler (if diminished), Montcrief is a third round pick, Fleener a second rounder and Allen another third round pick. Who knows what Richardson is, Bradshaw's injury-prone but no slouch when healthy. I'd say that's at the very least a league average supporting cast.

I'm not saying Luck's a bum, I'm just not ready to anoint him the next Peyton, Brady or what have you. I do think there are better offensive coordinators available.
    Totally agree with you on the O coordinator, I was talking about last year after Reg got hurt, he was throwing to guys besides Hilton who were bottom of the roster guys. This year Luck has not been his best but still a stud.

I don't think Luck will have the stats that Peyton has put up but I think he will win more than one Super Bowl.

Luck hAs been fantastic that last few weeks, granted against the Jags and Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post

Wayne is a HoF possibility?

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    I don't think Luck will have the stats that Peyton has put up but I think he will win more than one Super Bowl.
    I think that Luck will be very similar to Peyton with regards to playoffs success as well. I do think that dome teams have difficult times in the playoffs if they don't have home field advantage throughout. The Colts go from playing 10 games in neutral climates (8 home, 1 Houston, 1 Miami) to being thrown into the mixer once playoff time comes around. I don't think it is a big difference, but when you have a team who is used to playing in 65+ degrees and all of a sudden they are thrown into a wintry game against a quality foe I think that hurts them.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I think that Luck will be very similar to Peyton with regards to playoffs success as well. I do think that dome teams have difficult times in the playoffs if they don't have home field advantage throughout. The Colts go from playing 10 games in neutral climates (8 home, 1 Houston, 1 Miami) to being thrown into the mixer once playoff time comes around. I don't think it is a big difference, but when you have a team who is used to playing in 65+ degrees and all of a sudden they are thrown into a wintry game against a quality foe I think that hurts them.
    Oh man. Just a pedestrian one of the greatest QBs ever who will go to 3-4 Super Bowls? Time to start looking in the draft for a real QB with some intestinal fortitude who can get it done in crunch time, not like those Luck and Manning bums.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Oh man. Just a pedestrian one of the greatest QBs ever who will go to 3-4 Super Bowls? Time to start looking in the draft for a real QB with some intestinal fortitude who can get it done in crunch time, not like those Luck and Manning bums.
    Where did I say that? Where did I say anything like that?

Looking back at the last 20 Super Bowls, 4 have been dome teams, and one had been a warm weather team. Looking at those 5 teams, the Saints, Cowboys and Rams had home field throughout, Indy won an away game at Baltimore and Tampa won an away game at Philly.

I didn't mean it to be a knock on Luck, I think he is a very good young QB. I like Pagano as a coach much more than I ever liked Dungy or Caldwell. But I think its a legitimate concern how warm weather and dome teams fare outside in the cold, games which are often playoff games.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Where did I say that? Where did I say anything like that?

Looking back at the last 20 Super Bowls, 4 have been dome teams, and one had been a warm weather team. Looking at those 5 teams, the Saints, Cowboys and Rams had home field throughout, Indy won an away game at Baltimore and Tampa won an away game at Philly.

I didn't mean it to be a knock on Luck, I think he is a very good young QB. I like Pagano as a coach much more than I ever liked Dungy or Caldwell. But I think its a legitimate concern how warm weather and dome teams fare outside in the cold, games which are often playoff games.
    Obviously I was exaggerating, a lot. But you made "playoff success similar to Peyton" seem like it's a negative. I just think the playoffs are really hard and have more randomness than cold weather teams excel in the playoffs and warm weather teams falter.

Wow. I knew the Texans were bad and the Colts were pretty good but the contrast ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Wow. I knew the Texans were bad and the Colts were pretty good but the contrast ridiculous.
    Let's hope this helps put the worst roster in the league save for Luck argument to rest.

Well whatever. Who the hell knows anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    Wayne is a HoF possibility?
    Career stats: 1,040 receptions, 13,985 receiving yards and 81 receiving TDs; good for seventh, ninth and twenty-second all-time.

Not saying that punches his ticket, but there's definitely a conversation to be had.

I think Reggie Wayne was excellent but where he ranks with those particular stats is not going to be that impressive moving forward. The era Wayne has played in compared to Lynn Swan, The first half Jerry Rice's career, etc is completely different. They put up some stats last night that showed Steve Smith and Andre Johnson are right there in receiving yards with Wayne. They are very good WRs, but hall of famers? No way. Wayne also had the best QB in history throwing to him.

Turn Off Ads?