Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: 8-14-2012 Mets at Reds

Re: 8-14-2012 Mets at Reds

That's a play that isn't made when BP is out with his calf troubles. A lot of those balls got through that wouldn't have normally made it through.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Frazier pops out to 2nd.

Valdez flies out to center.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Wait, the pitcher only got two outs right? Why is the inning over?

Oh yeah.... we literally gave them an out. Right.
    The Reds increased their chance of scoring a run by 13% with that bunt. If they'd had a normal at-bat and Stubbs had struck out, they would have decreased by 10%. That's a 23% swing by giving up the out there.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Valdez flies out to center.
    Not quite to the warning track in center. And not trying to pile on the guy (even though I will anyway), but I honestly think that's as far as he can hit a ball.

Hanigan doubles off the wall in right.

We need to get these doubles all in the SAME inning....
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    The Reds increased their chance of scoring a run by 13% with that bunt. If they'd had a normal at-bat and Stubbs had struck out, they would have decreased by 10%. That's a 23% swing by giving up the out there.
    Their win expectancy decreased with that bunt. The point is that the goal shouldn't be to score one run. It should be to avoid outs. It's silly to chase 1 run in the 3rd inning.

Haunted by walks

Mets announcers say the possibility of R.A. Dickey winning the Cy Young would be the highlight of the rest of their season.

Dbacks-Cards, Dodgers-Pirates no score.

Walk to Latos. 1st and 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Mets announcers say the possibility of R.A. Dickey winning the Cy Young would be the highlight of the rest of their season.
    We need to hammer him to help our guy's chances....
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Their win expectancy decreased with that bunt. The point is that the goal shouldn't be to score one run. It should be to avoid outs. It's silly to chase 1 run in the 3rd inning.
    Their run expectancy increased by .3 with a runner at third and one out as opposed to a runner at second and one out. Granted, there's always the chance Stubbs could have reached base, but given his low OBP and propensity to strikeout, I would say that's statistically the correct call.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Cozart flies out to right. 0-0 after 4.

Through 4: Mets have left 6 runners on base, Reds have left 7 runners on base.

This is a LOB fest for the Reds. I didn't love the bunt, but the team has had many chances to score. Including man on third less than two outs when Phillips and Ludwick left the man on.

Key is for Latos to hold the fort, Reds will break through.

P.S. guess it is a LOB fest for the Mets too. But that's not my prob.

Turn Off Ads?