Turn Off Ads?

Thread: What a great ballgame last night

What a great ballgame last night

Last night's ballgame was one of the better ones I have watched this year. That's not to say it was the best played game. It wasn't. But dang it was fun to watch. With the score knotted at 0-0 all game, you had the sense that all each team needed was the one clutch hit. And given how many men each team had on base, there were over a dozen at-bats that could have decided the game.

Of course, such games are infinitely more enjoyable when my team wins....but to do it in walk-off fashion on a home run in the bottom of the ninth - well that's just great stuff.

Given that there wasn't a great deal on the line (one team out of contention; the other with a decent cushion), it sure felt like a playoff game in the sense that so many at-bats seemed pivotal.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What a great ballgame last night

Quote Originally Posted by Biff Pocoroba View Post
    Last night's ballgame was one of the better ones I have watched this year. That's not to say it was the best played game. It wasn't. But dang it was fun to watch. With the score knotted at 0-0 all game, you had the sense that all each team needed was the one clutch hit. And given how many men each team had on base, there were over a dozen at-bats that could have decided the game.

Of course, such games are infinitely more enjoyable when my team wins....but to do it in walk-off fashion on a home run in the bottom of the ninth - well that's just great stuff.

Given that there wasn't a great deal on the line (one team out of contention; the other with a decent cushion), it sure felt like a playoff game in the sense that so many at-bats seemed pivotal.
    I'm pretty amped for tonight... R.A. Dickey is a lot fun to watch, and the Reds are streaky against him (This year we did well against him, last year he smoked us.) I'll be heading down to the stadium for the game tonight. Go Reds!
    Pinch hitting for Pedro Borbon...

Last night's win was such a feel good victory, I was thinking the same thing as the OP. Had it been anyone else who hit the HR it would have still been good, but given Bruce's recent struggles it seemed like the entire world was rooting for Bruce to swing away. It's his 2nd HR in two games (I'm pretty sure) and add that walkoff blast on top of Lato's, Marshall's, and Arredondo's shutout, stack that on Ludwick's plate success, couple that with Phillip's game saving catch, paired with the strikeout-throw-out at 2nd base from Arredondo and Hanigan and you get a fun and GREAT game to watch.

Are you guys feeling any magic yet?

Last night's game was great. The three very, very good, run-saving plays on defense , Latos' start was stellar, the bullpen held, and the walk-off. The negative is this team's inability to move over runners--man on second, with no outs--that runner HAS to score.

Great Game!

My buddy texted me at 3pm yesterday. Said - you drive, I'll pay parking, Reds game. Not the fairest deal since we paid 2 dollars. But worth it.

It was like sitting on pins and needles when the Mets had their chances, and sooo frustrating when the Reds couldn't capitalize on theirs.

My friend turned to me in the 8th and said, if the Reds get out of this inning, they will win it in the 9th.

The cherry on top for me had to be the guy who was giving Bruce crap from the 4th or 5th inning on in the Moon Deck for not being clutch with runners on....of course this guy was no where to be found when Bruce won the game

Great game from the bottom of the 9th on. I'm happy for Bruce also, please keep it going.

Turn Off Ads?