Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Jaime Garcia returns for Redbirds

Jaime Garcia returns for Redbirds

Per reports, Jaime Garcia will start on the mound for the Cards on Sunday against the Pirates. The Cardinals are a dangerous team coming down the stretch and if they make the play-offs, they will be a tough out.

I'm still confident the Reds can hang on down the stretch, but I hate seeing our last 6 games on the road against the Cards and Pirates.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Jaime Garcia returns for Redbirds

im not worried at all about them.

Quote Originally Posted by webbbj View Post
    im not worried at all about them.
    You should be...

I'm hoping we will have clinched before the last week of the season

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    You should be...
    why?

The Cards have a couple of series against the Nats, a couple of series against Pittsburgh, a couple of series against us, and a series out in LA. If they win a WC it'll be well deserved. As for the division race, neither the Pirates or the Cardinals worry me.

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    You should be...
    Quote Originally Posted by webbbj View Post
    why?
    Because panic!
    That Joey Votto is some kind of Man Candy!

"For them to boo me like that, it lets me know they dream about me at night. -- Brandon Phillips on Cards fans.

throws 106. NBD.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    The Cards have a couple of series against the Nats, a couple of series against Pittsburgh, a couple of series against us, and a series out in LA. If they win a WC it'll be well deserved. As for the division race, neither the Pirates or the Cardinals worry me.
    Their roadtrip to finish out August/start September is pretty rough.

3 @ CIN
    3 @ PIT
    4 @ WAS

Pitt might not put up much of a challenge at that point but that trip could easily make or break their season. They aren't a great road team (28-30) and the three teams they face are all 10+ games over .500 at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Spot on. If we fail to win the division it will be because we fall apart, not because the Cards or Pirates play lights out baseball. And I don't expect us, barring a plague of injuries, to fall apart.

PS Even last season, with the Cardinals a much better team than this season's version, it was ATLANTA'S TOTAL COLLAPSE more than anything else, which was responsible for the Card's "coming back" and sneaking in.
    Last edited by smixsell; 08-16-2012 at 06:25 PM.

I would still sleep better if we went into those last 6 games with at least a 7 game lead.

Just glad they took out Kelly rather than Lynn. Lynn has had a ERA over four and a half after his fluke 6-0, 1.40 start. We really need them to stumble on that 10 game trip justincredible mentioned as well as their 4 game series n LA because they don't have much in their way other than that.

Turn Off Ads?