Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Frazier IS the Rookie of the Year

Frazier IS the Rookie of the Year

It's amazing how unknown Frazier is outside of Cincy. His numbers trump Harper's in every category and yet I keep seeing "analyst" ignore his great season. Frazier's OPS is 170 points higher than Harper in 80 less AB's.

Do you think he will gain the attention he deserves, if he keeps up this production?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Frazier IS the Rookie of the Year

Mike Leake said the other night that Frazier was the Reds's MVP. I don't know about that, but he is definitely one of the best hitters for us this year, and Bryce Harper's stats are a lot worse than Frazier. Plus, Frazier has stepped up when his team needed him the most. And I think he has been a better hitter than Smiley has been a pitcher. If he continues to hit the way he has been, he will be the ROY for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Trajinous View Post
    It's amazing how unknown Frazier is outside of Cincy. His numbers trump Harper's in every category and yet I keep seeing "analyst" ignore his great season. Frazier's OPS is 170 points higher than Harper in 80 less AB's.

Do you think he will gain the attention he deserves, if he keeps up this production?
    I try to ignore the "analyst", especially on ESPN, and look for people who actually cover sports. We can only hope that those who are forced to report on the sexy topic will actually use their powers for good when the cameras aren't rolling.

Redleger13

There's a chance the voters will give him the recognition he deserves even though the fans won't.
    Fingers crossed.
    Mr. Redlegs - 2012

If the vote were held today, I feel fairly certain Frazier would win. Obviously, the numbers support it and I think he's helped make a name for himself with that 474 foot moon shot off of R.A. Dickey.

Some ESPN analyst the day Frazier hit that 474 ft HR said that Frazier is slowly starting to creep up into the race for ROY. I was like are you kidding me? Now you start to notice him? There are actually other rookies besides Bryce Harper.

He'll have to keep playing at the level he's been at for the last couple of weeks to catch Wade Miley

Quote Originally Posted by [deleted] View Post
    He'll have to keep playing at the level he's been at for the last couple of weeks to catch Wade Miley
    This. It's not Harper, who is in a huge slump and his numbers are not very good (some might call them clown numbers). It's Wade Miley, who has 12 wins and an era of 3.02.

Still think Frazier would beat Miley.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/82...ung-candidates

this was the article that inspired me to post this thread. ESPN reader's poll has Frazier at 3rd.... behind Miley and Harper.

Also, how in the heck is Miley rookie eligible while Lance Lynn isn't? Miley pitched 40 innings in 8 games, while Lynn pitched 34 innings in 18 games. Why does games played matter more than innings pitched for pitchers? Makes no sense.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/82...ung-candidates

this was the article that inspired me to post this thread. ESPN reader's poll has Frazier at 3rd.... behind Miley and Harper.

Also, how in the heck is Miley rookie eligible while Lance Lynn isn't? Miley pitched 40 innings in 8 games, while Lynn pitched 34 innings in 18 games. Why does games played matter more than innings pitched for pitchers? Makes no sense.

It has nothing to do with games played. I am guessing that Lynn spent more than 45 days on the active roster before September 1st.

This guideline was later amended to 90 at bats, 45 innings pitched, or 45 days on a Major League roster before September 1 of the previous year.

One thing that will hurt Frazier is when Votto comes back his playing time will decrease. He will fill in for Ludwick in LF, Rolen at 3B and Votto at 1B but I only see a couple starts a week for him.

It HAS to be Harper, I mean, he was on the cover of SI and MLB has pimped him out as hard as they can.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    It has nothing to do with games played. I am guessing that Lynn spent more than 45 days on the active roster before September 1st.
    Yes he did. He was a June call up. On the other hand Miley was an August call up.

Tim Tebow during practice is more important than this.

Turn Off Ads?