Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 8/17/2012 Cubs at Reds

Re: 8/17/2012 Cubs at Reds

Ludwick continues to rake. Just was the victim of a good throw.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

2. Turn Off Ads?

A very good throw to get him at second.

I don't think Broxton even warmed up too much too many times a week in KC - they had a lot of long losing streaks remember where a closer doesn't even sniff action - here he was warming up nearly every day. Add to that its getting later in the season after surgery. Probably a combination. I'm less worried about him if they give him some rest.

Reds 7th:

Stiubbs grounds out to third on the 1st pitch.
    Phillips grounds out to thrid.
    Ludwick singles off the wall inleft, Soriano throws him out at 2nd.

Bowden at 18 pitches, 13 strikes.

After 7, Reds 7, Cubs 3.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Here's Broxton. Let's see what he's got.

Here's the Guns of Broxton.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

I'm late but I see Wood plunked Bruce. What is your guys take on Wood, do you think he's a punk?

Dad with a Pokey Reese jersey, son with a Soriano jersey... hmmm...
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Lefty part of the order to face Broxton. Hope it works out. Seems to be throwing ok to start things off.

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    Dad with a Pokey Reese jersey, son with a Soriano jersey... hmmm...
    Are there many scrub fans infesting GABP considering the pathetic nature of their season?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I'm late but I see Wood plunked Bruce. What is your guys take on Wood, do you think he's a punk?
    I'm not really one to declare guys 'punks' but it was definitely a move of questionable integrity, and definitely lacking in intelligence. The thing that gets me is that Bruce is a former teammate.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Based on the losers from Arkansas who stayed in the condo next to us in Destin last year...then yes. That's my broad paint brush though.

Not a lucky start here for Broxton. Hopefully it's not a repeat of the Milwaukee game where he got bleeders and blooped to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I'm not really one to declare guys 'punks' but it was definitely a move of questionable integrity, and definitely lacking in intelligence. The thing that gets me is that Bruce is a former teammate.
    I still haven't got caught up to that... what happened to make everyone think it was intentional?
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Not a lucky start here for Broxton. Hopefully it's not a repeat of the Milwaukee game where he got bleeders and blooped to death.
    Agree. He seems to be throwing ok, no sign of injury. Still, we need outs.

Turn Off Ads?