Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Giancarlo-Cruz Michael Stanton is a strong, strong man

Re: Giancarlo-Cruz Michael Stanton is a strong, strong man

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    I can't believe Jay Bruce retired. I hadn't heard this anywhere else.
    I didn't mean that to have such a tone of finality -- I just meant up to this point. While it's certainly true he could progress and attain a higher level moving forward I just meant it in that Stanton is 22 and Bruce is now 25 and he hasn't shown any significant progress in 3 years of major league experience.

My apologies if it came off as I think that he can never be better than he is right now. It's not even that an above average player is a bad thing -- it's just that there were such high expectations.
    I see great things in baseball. It's our game.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    But pitching and defense are two separate things, yet you are attributing runs allowed solely to the 'pitching side'.
    Right. We know: hitting+defense > pitching because we know RS=RA.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jamz View Post
    I didn't mean that to have such a tone of finality -- I just meant up to this point. While it's certainly true he could progress and attain a higher level moving forward I just meant it in that Stanton is 22 and Bruce is now 25 and he hasn't shown any significant progress in 3 years of major league experience.

My apologies if it came off as I think that he can never be better than he is right now. It's not even that an above average player is a bad thing -- it's just that there were such high expectations.
    Comparing Bruce as a rookie to now is night and day. Plate discipline is incredibly stronger. Lots more power.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    I can't believe Jay Bruce retired. I hadn't heard this anywhere else.
    Awesome.

What I want to know is how much Ada...I mean Jay fishes in the off season. Plus I saw him strike out the other night and he didn't even look mad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Razor Shines; 08-21-2012 at 04:37 PM.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Dp
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Last edited by Crumbley; 08-21-2012 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Wrong thread

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Awesome.

What I want to know is how much Ada...I mean Jay fishes in the off season. Plus I saw him strike out the other night and he didn't even look mad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I bet he doesn't even TRY to make contact for a sac fly.

Sent from my iDunn using BadFundamentals.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Comparing Bruce as a rookie to now is night and day. Plate discipline is incredibly stronger. Lots more power.
    This is the first year his ISO has actually gone above his 2009 levels, and pretty much everything else besides O-Swing% has remained relatively the same. In fact the amount that he has changed from 08 to now is incredibly small. He's been almost the exact same player for going on 5 years now. It's not a bad thing, but to say he's night and day from being a rookie exaggerates a bit.
    I see great things in baseball. It's our game.

Turn Off Ads?