Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: 8/18 Game 1 Cubs at Reds

Re: 8/18 Game 1 Cubs at Reds

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Even Ondrusek could be doing what Chapman is doing now
    He might not have gotten the first two outs.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

BALLGAME! And this one belongs to the Reds!

Senor Votto

Thank God

And Joe Mather as the beaver!

We're still good!
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

I'm very glad Chapman pitched. He was due to give up a run once every 24 games, so at least he did it with a 3-run cushion. Now he should go scoreless the rest of the season
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    I'm very glad Chapman pitched. He was due to give up a run once every 24 games, so at least he did it with a 3-run cushion. Now he should go scoreless the rest of the season
    Yeah, he got the bad one out of the way. Two of the hits should have been caught and he struck out two.

Not bad to have a closer for whom that's a bad outing.

Let's get tonight's game and let Latos go for the sweep. And it's time to start rooting for the Pirates to lose.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    LOL. Glad we're keeping our expectations realistic.

The Star of the Game is Johnny Cueto.

I figure that Chapman is unavailable foe Game 2. The combination of Broxton and Marshall should be able to close, if needed.

I also think that Brandon Phillips might get the second game off, with Wilson Valdez getting the start at 2B. Otherwise it will be the regulars with Mesoraco catching. My prediction:

Cozart ss
    Stubbs cf
    Frazier 1b
    Ludwick lf
    Bruce rf
    Rolen 3b
    Valdez 2b
    Mesoraco c
    Redmond p
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    The Star of the Game is Johnny Cueto.

I figure that Chapman is unavailable foe Game 2. The combination of Broxton and Marshall should be able to close, if needed.

I also think that Brandon Phillips might get the second game off, with Wilson Valdez getting the start at 2B. Otherwise it will be the regulars with Mesoraco catching. My prediction:

Cozart ss
    Stubbs cf
    Frazier 1b
    Ludwick lf
    Bruce rf
    Rolen 3b
    Valdez 2b
    Mesoraco c
    Redmond p
    Dusty said that Phillips will play both games, according to one of the beat writers. I think Cozart will sit and Valdez will play SS.

The Reds have a rookie pitcher going, their closer unavailable and a lefty that they just saw pitching against them. I'm guessing the regular RH bats will all play. I'm guessing the Reds will try to pour on the runs to insulate them from a poor outing by Redmond and to keep it from being close late in the game with Chapman unavailable. Valdez can play tomorrow when the team can lean on Latos.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Turn Off Ads?