Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/18 Game Deux - Reds at Cubs

Re: 8/18 Game Deux - Reds at Cubs

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    If there's one thing that depresses me about the Reds this year it's that this is the best they could come up with as a backup starter.
    If they need another start, I'd say Villareal would get it. Heck, burn an option year on Corcino if you really have to.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Too bad, sure the kid is depressed over this

Thanks for the effort Todd, but you earned a ticket back to Louisville.

“I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Out of all the bad pitchers the Reds have thrown out there since the early 2000's, Redmond had to be in the bottom 3.

Haunted by walks

At least he's in the team photo.

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Hahahaha
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Simon says we need a double play.

Nice try by Redmond, but he looks like a AAAA pitcher. I hope we don't need to use him often.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    If they need another start, I'd say Villareal would get it. Heck, burn an option year on Corcino if you really have to.
    I suppose they could also use LeCure if necessary. It wouldn't be ideal until they could stretch him out, but it's an option.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Is LeCure still aching? It'll be interesting to see how long Simon goes with a day game tomorrow.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    It's a memory he might want to forget lol
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Out of all the bad pitchers the Reds have thrown out there since the early 2000's, Redmond had to be in the bottom 3.
    I know don't know that I'd go that far. At the very least, it's one start and we're still in the game. I will never forget Joe Mays and Phil Dumatrait losing us multiple games in the first inning.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Man.....could you not tell my sarcasm After that Bravo comment? I waited all year to pull that one out.
    Not really. Couldn't figure out what reserve OF guys like Bravo and Farrara had to do with it. Oh well. Sorry.

While we're at it, Ted Savage and Clyde Mashore say hello.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

My goodness, Simon's first pitch was almost right down the middle and called a ball.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Nice try. He may not rank in the top 20 of pathetictude for those years.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Not really. Couldn't figure out what reserve OF guys like Bravo and Farrara had to do with it. Oh well. Sorry.

While we're at it, Ted Savage and Clyde Mashore say hello.

After Al Farrera booted a few balls in 1971 ...coming over from The Padres for Bravo, he was asked about it.

His response... "What did you expect for Angel Bravo? Willie Mays?"

Turn Off Ads?