goals for game 2
    1. do not be no hit- check
    2. score at least 5 runs- check
    3. do not give up 12 runs- Check
    4. win- yeah!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds-Phils series 8/20

Quote Originally Posted by WebScorpion View Post
    This team has had a 'no way we can beat Philly' vibe since 2010. They had several opportunities to succumb to that feeling again tonight, but they didn't give in. There was a definite air of confidence that no matter how many times Philly came back, the Reds would always top them. Hopefully, this will be the end of that Philly monkey on our backs...let's take 2 more!!
    I'm glad the players got that vibe. I kept on teasing with my boys that there was absolutely no way the Reds win that game.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Halladay has a 2.25 ERA in the last 28 days. When he faced the Cards, he was a bad, bad, bad dude. What ever struggles he had early, he's money right now.
    So much for that. Reds must be better than the Cards.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

I'm curious to see what Dusty's strategy is for tomorrow. Usually the end of a series means a day game and a 'Sunday/getaway day special', but in Philly it's a 7:05 start for the finale. By my count Rolen has started 6 games in the last 8 days, and I think we all get the impression BP has been pressing a bit and could use a day off. But one gets the impression with Cueto on the mound, Dusty would love to take the series from the Phillies.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I'm curious to see what Dusty's strategy is for tomorrow. Usually the end of a series means a day game and a 'Sunday/getaway day special', but in Philly it's a 7:05 start for the finale. By my count Rolen has started 6 games in the last 8 days, and I think we all get the impression BP has been pressing a bit and could use a day off. But one gets the impression with Cueto on the mound, Dusty would love to take the series from the Phillies.
    It seems lately Dusty trusts Johnny enough that he usually gets the Sunday Special lineup behind him. And as we all know, our Sunday Special lineups usually produce more than our regular lineup does.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by 11larkin11 View Post
    It seems lately Dusty trusts Johnny enough that he usually gets the Sunday Special lineup behind him. And as we all know, our Sunday Special lineups usually produce more than our regular lineup does.
    The "Sunday special" is based on our older players getting the day off after a night game.

Rolen and Ludwick generally sit on a day game after a night game.

It wouldn't surpise me if Rolen sits to rest for the Cards series coming up.

Bruce and Ludwick have both hit Hamels fairly well. So has Cairo in limited AB's so he's likley in.

Phillips has hit him extremely poorly.

I'm guessing Heisey in for Stubbs in CF, Frazier at 3B, Cairo at 1B, and perhaps Valdez in for Philips.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    The "Sunday special" is based on our older players getting the day off after a night game.

Rolen and Ludwick generally sit on a day game after a night game.

It wouldn't surpise me if Rolen sits to rest for the Cards series coming up.

Bruce and Ludwick have both hit Hamels fairly well. So has Cairo in limited AB's so he's likley in.

Phillips has hit him extremely poorly.

I'm guessing Heisey in for Stubbs in CF, Frazier at 3B, Cairo at 1B, and perhaps Valdez in for Philips.
    I'm guessing Heisey in right, and Valdez at 3b. I'm also guessing a DL stint for Cairo in the next few days, and a Hamilton call up.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

The only thing I care about for tonight's game is that Aroldis Chapman rests. He's worked five of six days. Enough.

I wouldn't use him tonight under any circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    The only thing I care about for tonight's game is that Aroldis Chapman rests. He's worked five of six days. Enough.

I wouldn't use him tonight under any circumstances.
    I'd use him if he's needed and not think twice about it. It's getting to the point in the season now where you secure wins when you can. He's shown he can pitch three days in a row, so I do it if necessary.

That said, if Cueto is able to give 7 strong, Marshall and Broxton might be able to get the job done without needing Chapman.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    I'd use him if he's needed and not think twice about it. It's getting to the point in the season now where you secure wins when you can. He's shown he can pitch three days in a row, so I do it if necessary.

That said, if Cueto is able to give 7 strong, Marshall and Broxton might be able to get the job done without needing Chapman.
    The Reds have an 8 game lead. "Securing wins when you can" this time of year is for a close race. Keeping Aroldis rolling is more important. He was shakey last night with some hard hit balls.

Actually, if the penant race is your primary concern (shouldn't be with an 8 game lead), then having Chapman rested and ready for the Cardinals is the right play anyway.

I wouldn't even let him come to the park just to avoid any temptation.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    The Reds have an 8 game lead. "Securing wins when you can" this time of year is for a close race. Keeping Aroldis rolling is more important. He was shakey last night with some hard hit balls.

Actually, if the penant race is your primary concern (shouldn't be with an 8 game lead), then having Chapman rested and ready for the Cardinals is the right play anyway.

I wouldn't even let him come to the park just to avoid any temptation.
    Until the division is clinched, you treat it like it's not.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Until the division is clinched, you treat it like it's not.
    Depleting your forces winning a minor battle is the quickest way to lose the war.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Depleting your forces winning a minor battle is the quickest way to lose the war.
    It's not like Chapman has never pitched three days in a row before or is incapable of it.

If the Reds clinch the division early enough, he'll have a lot of time to rest up before the playoffs. No reason to make any assumptions until then.

He was popping 102 last night to end the game. That's showing no signs of depletion.

It's not like Chapman has never pitched three days in a row before or is incapable of it.

If the Reds clinch the division early enough, he'll have a lot of time to rest up before the playoffs. No reason to make any assumptions until then.

He was popping 102 last night to end the game. That's showing no signs of depletion.
    Nope. Its like he just pitched 3 games in a row. Then took one off and pitched 2 more.

3 with the second place team starting tomorrow.If he has to pitch 3 in a row with an 8 game lead, I'd make it those three.

Nope. Its like he just pitched 3 games in a row. Then took one off and pitched 2 more.

3 with the second place team starting tomorrow.If he has to pitch 3 in a row with an 8 game lead, I'd make it those three.
    You can't guarantee he's going to get opportunities in those three. If you have an opportunity in this given game, you have to seize it. You never know if he'll even be needed in the next game.

Turn Off Ads?