Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: Reds vs. Phillies Monday 8/20

Re: Reds vs. Phillies Monday 8/20

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Homer should be rested. What? 19 innings in his last four starts?
    19.2 if I added it right. Someone said earlier that this is a bad time to be hitting the Phillies and I agree. Cliff Lee is pitching tomorrow and he really doesn't have that bad of numbers as you would think being 2-7. He has a .383 ERA and just came off a 12K effort. He doesn't walk anyone, but that doesn't matter because the Reds don't walk anyway.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I think the Phillies are a good team. Fortunately for the Reds, if they have a bad series they can put it in the rear view because of how well they have done so far. It's probably important not to put too much weight on this series, but their are a ton of great match-ups.

Quote Originally Posted by mu4103 View Post
    I think the Phillies are a good team. Fortunately for the Reds, if they have a bad series they can put it in the rear view because of how well they have done so far. It's probably important not to put too much weight on this series, but their are a ton of great match-ups.
    Philadelphia is a solid team with very good pitching. The type of team the Reds will face in October. A split would be nice. Seeing them play sound fundamental baseball would be nice as well.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Random thought. If they let the runner get to second on fielder's indifference, or whatever they call it, and he scores on a single, the run should be unearned. Why should the pitcher be penalized for that?
    Here is another question I have. If the opposing team lets the runner advance to second base and, let's say the runner falls. Then the catcher gets up and throws him out. Won't he get credited with a caught stealing? Shouldn't they call it a caught indifferentiating?

Quote Originally Posted by mu4103 View Post
    Here is another question I have. If the opposing team lets the runner advance to second base and, let's say the runner falls. Then the catcher gets up and throws him out. Won't he get credited with a caught stealing? Shouldn't they call it a caught indifferentiating?
    If they were truly indifferent towards the runner, then the catcher wouldn't even bother throwing down there when the runner fell. Maybe that is the true test. Have the runner fall down and judge the reaction.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

I have a very high caught indifferentiating percentage in my adult baseball league.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Turn Off Ads?