Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/20/2012 Reds at Phillies

8/20/2012 Reds at Phillies

I don't know about this lineup. Seems like we are raising the white flag on this game. No Ludwick or Frazier. Go getem Leake.

1. Zack Cozart (R) SS
    2. Chris Heisey (R) CF
    3. Brandon Phillips (R) 2B
    4. Jay Bruce (L) RF
    5. Scott Rolen (R) 3B
    6. Xavier Paul (L) LF
    7. Miguel Cairo (R) 1B
    8. Devin Mesoraco (R) C
    9. Mike Leake (R) P
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 8/20/2012 Reds at Phillies

Cumberland, please post the real lineup when it's ready. I laughed at your joke though!

(*checks twitter*)

Oh.

That lineup would look a lot better if it had Lyle Overbay (or a similar player) instead of Miguel Cairo playing 1B.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

The Phightin' Phils lineup:

1. Jimmy Rollins (S) SS
    2. Juan Pierre (L) LF
    3. Chase Utley (L) 2B
    4. Ryan Howard (L) 1B
    5. John Mayberry (R) CF
    6. Domonic Brown (L) RF
    7. Placido Polanco (R) 3B
    8. Erik Kratz (R) C
    9. Roy Halladay (R) P
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I think just trying to not wear out key guys. I did see that Ludwick is 0 for 9 vs. Halladay, so there's one excuse
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    That lineup would look a lot better if it had Lyle Overbay (or a similar player) instead of Miguel Cairo playing 1B.
    Lyle Overbay the Mike Hargrove of this generation.

Guessing Dusty doesn't want Frazier, a rookie, to have to cope with Halladay. Rather he's giving Todd a needed rest. Cairo hit well this weekend he'd rather give the veteran a chance against Halladay.

(Cozart, also a rookie, rested one game this weekend, he's in for defense with Leake pitching.)

Not agreeing, just guessing Dusty's thought process on Frazier.

Similarly, I think Dusty is resting Stubbs as unlikely to hit Halladay. As for Ludwick, Dusty rests him often and XMan gets a shot as a reward for the big hit yesterday.

As far as I can try to read the manager's mind. . . .

From Sheldon

http://marksheldon.mlblogs.com/
    *Miguel Cairo is 5-for-15 lifetime vs. Halladay, Xavier Paul is 2-for-5 and Chris Heisey is 0-for-1, while Drew Stubbs is 3-for-12 and Todd Frazier is 0-for-1. I’m sure the matchups play a part in the manager’s decisions to feature the lineup.
    Should be a nice strong bench tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Guessing Dusty doesn't want Frazier, a rookie, to have to cope with Halladay. Rather he's giving Todd a needed rest. Cairo hit well this weekend he'd rather give the veteran a chance against Halladay.

(Cozart, also a rookie, rested one game this weekend, he's in for defense with Leake pitching.)

Not agreeing, just guessing Dusty's thought process on Frazier.

Similarly, I think Dusty is resting Stubbs as unlikely to hit Halladay. As for Ludwick, Dusty rests him often and XMan gets a shot as a reward for the big hit yesterday.

As far as I can try to read the manager's mind. . . .
    I certainly think Dusty has factored in the need for rest with playing pitcher/hitter percentages.

But to me, it just comes down to the Zen of Dusty. And with the Reds record in 2012, I will defer any lineup criticism at this point.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

oh well, at least Rolen is playing.. I thought he'd get the day off today.

The nice thing about getting Votto back is that Frasier can go back to starting on a lot of these "rest days", as opposed to Cairo/Paul/Heisey.

Not complaining about the lineup.. a little disappointed, but I accept it
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Tough weak for Scotty. First off to Philadelphia, than gets to play his other old team the Cardinals again. At least he doesn't have to go back to Toronto.

“I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

The Phillies may be having a bad year, but being able to run Halladay, Hamels, and Lee out there is still as legit as it gets.

Cozart singles, no-hitter off the table.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Good start

Heisey singles to left.

Great matchup for Heisey, Halladay always near the plate, Heisey always swinging.

Turn Off Ads?