Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Couple questions about GABP

Couple questions about GABP

1) Can you still bring a 3 and under child to the game without a ticket if they sit on your lap?

2) How early before the first pitch can you enter the stadium?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Couple questions about GABP

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    1) Can you still bring a 3 and under child to the game without a ticket if they sit on your lap?

2) How early before the first pitch can you enter the stadium?

Thanks.
    This is from the Reds website. So 3 and under can sit on your lap.

Great American Ball Park offers complimentary admission to children 3 years of age and under. However, we do request that these children sit on their parents' or guardians' laps and not occupy additional seats. Promotional giveaway items are only available for ticketed guests. Tickets for children four years and older are priced the same as adult tickets.
    The gates normally open 90 minutes before game time.

From the Reds website...

Child Admittance - Great American Ball Park offers complimentary admission to children 3 years of age and under. However, we do request that these children sit on their parents' or guardians' laps and not occupy additional seats. Promotional giveaway items are only available for ticketed guests. Tickets for children four years and older are priced the same as adult tickets.

Gates Open - Gates open 90 minutes prior to game time. Gate opening times may vary if a game is rescheduled.*

* If you are a season ticket holder or have season tickets you can enter 2 hours prior to game time. There is a special gate past the HOF to enter. They will open the gates early if the crowds are too large at the Crosley Terrace (i.e., on bobblehead give-a-ways).
    2014 Reds record when I'm attending: 23-18 - FINAL
    2014 Dragons record when I'm attending: 2-1 - FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Thanks, we're going this saturday, so I assume the opening times won't be any different despite the retirement ceremony at 3:00 pm?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Thanks, we're going this saturday, so I assume the opening times won't be any different despite the retirement ceremony at 3:00 pm?
    I would not be surprised if they open a little earlier on Saturday. With the cermony at 3 and a huge crowd I think they may open a litle earlier. As Kitty said I have been there some bobblehead games where the gates were opened early.

Having the ceremony at 3pm puts it within the time frame of the regular gate opening of 90 minutes. So for a 4:05 game, the gates would normally open at 2:35pm. (again, season ticket holders would get in at 2:05pm) That gives fans a half hour to get in their seats. I wouldn't count on the BP either (if you are looking forward to that). It doesn't take the crew that long to get everything away and the ceremony equipment/chairs up but it is not a guarantee that either team will take batting practice, with Reds first and visiting team (Cards) last.

On the Reds website they have the time table for Saturday:

Make your plans now to be at Great American Ball Park the weekend of August 24-26 to celebrate the unforgettable career of Reds legend and newly inducted Hall of Famer Barry Larkin!

The Reds are honoring "The Captain" with "11 Days of Larkin," a series of celebrations from August 16-26 that will include the retirement of his uniform number 11 on Saturday, August 25. That pregame ceremony at Great American Ball Park will begin at 3 p.m., preceding that afternoon's 4:05 p.m. game vs the Cardinals. The festivities will include a block party at The Banks beginning at 1 p.m., hosted by the Reds Community Fund and featuring a post-game performance by Barry and Lisa Larkin's daughter Cymber, an international recording artist who performs under the name CymcoLe.

SATURDAY, AUGUST 25
    1 p.m., Reds Community Fund charity block party on Joe Nuxhall Way and Freedom Way, including a post-game concert by Cymber Larkin's band. Admission is free and proceeds from concessions will benefit the Reds Community Fund's Urban Youth Academy.
    3 p.m., Barry Larkin #11 jersey retirement ceremony.
    Reds stein giveaway to the first 11,000 fans, presented by PNC Bank. The stein features a Reds history timeline with figures from the past and present, including Barry Larkin.
    All fans will receive a replica print of the one-of-a-kind painting presented to Barry during the number retirement ceremonies, courtesy of Cincinnati Bell and The Enquirer.
    IIRC, the last time they had a block party on Joe Nuxhall Way they opened the gates early because of the crowd. If you are not on Twitter, you might want to join and get tweets from the Reds, Jamie Ramsey, Lance McAlister, and John Fay because they will usually announce the news. Most of the time there is no announcement until around 3 hours before game time when the crowds start to build.
    Last edited by KittyDuran; 08-20-2012 at 08:01 PM.
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    From the Reds website...

Child Admittance - Great American Ball Park offers complimentary admission to children 3 years of age and under. However, we do request that these children sit on their parents' or guardians' laps and not occupy additional seats. Promotional giveaway items are only available for ticketed guests. Tickets for children four years and older are priced the same as adult tickets.

Gates Open - Gates open 90 minutes prior to game time. Gate opening times may vary if a game is rescheduled.*

* If you are a season ticket holder or have season tickets you can enter 2 hours prior to game time. There is a special gate past the HOF to enter. They will open the gates early if the crowds are too large at the Crosley Terrace (i.e., on bobblehead give-a-ways).
    The last two years when I had the 13 game package was great. It's fun to walk around the park when it's nearly empty for that half an hour before everyone else comes rolling in. One time we went right in when they opened the season ticket gate and walked out by the stacks to watch BP and there couldn't have been more than 20 or 30 people in the outfield seats shagging home run balls.

I think I'm going to get the package again next year. I regret not getting it this year because weekend attendance is up and I wind up having to get tickets on stubhub if I want a certain area.

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    The last two years when I had the 13 game package was great. It's fun to walk around the park when it's nearly empty for that half an hour before everyone else comes rolling in. One time we went right in when they opened the season ticket gate and walked out by the stacks to watch BP and there couldn't have been more than 20 or 30 people in the outfield seats shagging home run balls.

I think I'm going to get the package again next year. I regret not getting it this year because weekend attendance is up and I wind up having to get tickets on stubhub if I want a certain area.
    You can only walk around half the park now ... Crosley entrance right to the Moon deck. They stop you from going to the upper level and to the club. Don't know about the other premium seats. You can get into the Machine Room 3 hours before game time but cannot leave the restaurant area.

Turn Off Ads?