Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thom?

Thom?

For the last 3-4 weeks, I don't believe Thom has been in the booth....not that i miss him...have I missed something?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Thom?

I think John Fay tweeted that he is doing the Cards series this weekend.

He was doing preseason football on Fox last week. So i guess it's just in his contract or something that he does other events/sports
    There are only two seasons - Winter and Baseball.

Seems like he hasnt been around near as much this season. It doesn't really bother me because he gets on my nerves. Sometimes he acts like too much if a know it all. I really enjoyed George Grande last week. He use to get on my nerves Alot more but he seems more tolerable when the Reds have a winning team

Quote Originally Posted by arkimadee View Post
    Seems like he hasnt been around near as much this season. It doesn't really bother me because he gets on my nerves. Sometimes he acts like too much if a know it all. I really enjoyed George Grande last week. He use to get on my nerves Alot more but he seems more tolerable when the Reds have a winning team
    Announcers that "over-bass" their voice have always bothered me.
    "And why do false truths persist, getting passed down the decades as if they were fact? It comes back to the same point: People believe things that are wrong because, individually, people rarely investigate their own beliefs, particularly when what they believe makes sense intuitively. Even more so when those around them agree with them." -K.F.

Good riddance to him. Can't stand his voice (and his stupidity).

I had to think of him last night when Cozart hit the game winning HR on "the very first pitch". That is my #1 pet peeve from Thom...he hates first pitch hitting

Thom is very annoying and hopefully he finds another place to land, his intentional butchering of the names Sanchez and Valdez drive me crazy.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

I'm surprised to see the negative comments on here. I thought Thom was great in AZ...when we lost him we got Daron Sutton...and Thom was sorely missed. Would love to have him back calling games in AZ.

he's like fox's #2 guy. he's going to do a lot of football. he's done this last few years also.

I prefer Thom to any of the other options. Imo, him and Welsh together are as good as it gets. Have you ever heard the FS guys in St. Louis (for the cards)? It's possibly the most boring game call you can listen to. Be thankful; at least we have some guys that add a little flavor to the broadcast.

Of the other non-Thom people, ANYTHING but Grande. Kelch is pretty dry, and the Cowboy belongs on the radio. I like Welsh is the best.
    Just call me Legs

Can someone explain all the hate directed Thoms way?

I like Thom a lot. Far better than Grande and WAY better than Kelch. I like announcers that tell it like it is and that's what Thom does. Great voice.

i like them all. but no announcer really bugs me. yea some stink but i could careless.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Redleg82 View Post
    Can someone explain all the hate directed Thoms way?
    Overall Thom is very good as far as his voice, capabilities etc., what irks me about him is he sometimes forgets that he is a play by play announcer, not the analyst...we have Welsh and Brantly for that. Yes Kelch is a bit dry but he does his job, letting you know what is happening on the field, not over- analyzing. He is also very negative which I'm sure some of which is from listening to his dad.

Turn Off Ads?