Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rays might put David Price on the block this winter?

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Re: Rays might put David Price on the block this winter?

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    The Reds flat-out can't afford David Price. Next year's team will cost $80-90M, and provided they stay together, every team after that will cost a little bit more. And if you thought it decimated the farm to obtain Latos, just imagine how much Price would cost. Plus I think the competition for Price would be much higher, which could drive the price up even more.

Here's next year's team and salaries:
    17.00 Joey Votto
    10.00 Brandon Phillips
    8.00 Bronson Arroyo
    7.50 Jay Bruce
    7.40 Johnny Cueto
    4.50 Sean Marshall
    3.10 Nick Masset
    2.05 Ryan Hanigan
    2.00 Aroldis Chapman
    1.20 Jose Arredondo
    0.50 Zack Cozart
    0.50 Todd Frazier
    0.50 Sam LeCure
    0.50 Devin Mesoraco
    0.50 Xavier Paul

arb Homer Bailey
    arb Bill Bray
    arb Chris Heisey
    arb Mat Latos
    arb Mike Leake
    arb Logan Ondrusek
    arb Alfredo Simon
    arb Drew Stubbs
    arb Wilson Valdez

Bill Bray non-tendered
    call up Henry Rodriguez (or sign a cheap veteran version of him)
    re-sign Ryan Ludwick
    Rolen and Cairo come off the books at season's end.
    Arroyo comes off after 2013.
    I think Masset will be hitting the road this offseason by trade.
    Bray will be more than likely be gone.
    I could see Bailey traded in either this offseason or the next. His pitching doesn't fly well in a small confines of GABP. Alot will depend on the development of Corcino and Cingrani.
    I really see Stubbs being dealt this offseason too, or maybe the next if Hamilton appears ready. How hard is it to replace a .225 hitting CFer?
    Heisey might finally be dealt. Xavier Paul may be signed as that utility OFer.
    I see H-Rod or Gregorius filling the Cairo role next season.

This upcoming offseason could be really interesting.

And I thought I read that a new TV deal is forthcoming in 2014 which should be a pretty good financial upgrade to the old deal.
    Last edited by Vottomatic; 08-22-2012 at 08:46 AM. Reason: spelling/grammar
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

2. Turn Off Ads?

What could you see getting in return for Stubbs? I'd imagine his stock is way down right now.
    “Our next home stand follows this road trip.”

“I just want to tell everyone Happy Easter and Happy Hanukkah.” says on the day before Easter

Mike Shannon

I can see Rolen moving into the Cario role..... Just not sure if Rolen see's that or not.....
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Baily and Leake for Price, throw in Didi and Stubbs if we need to... That's 3 major league players, 2 pitchers who are under team control for several more years plus a middle of the road CF, a promising AAA short stop. That's as good an offer as they will ever get.

Cueto, Latos, Price, Arroyo, and Chapman would give the Reds a 100 win season next year. All but Arroyo under control until 2015...

We will probably need a Brett Tomko type to come in and throw an occasional game as a fifth starter. Chapman will also need to skip 2 or 3 starts when he can and with the Brett Tomko type this should get him to the playoffs.
    Last edited by bellhead; 08-23-2012 at 12:34 PM.

Turn Off Ads?