Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 35 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/21/2012 Reds at Phillies

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 8/21/2012 Reds at Phillies

Wouldn't be surprised that Mez's suspension has started since Hanigan is starting.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised that Mez's suspension has started since Hanigan is starting.
    Could be. Could also be that Dusty want's to see if having Hanny catch him might snap Homer out of his funk.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    Could be. Could also be that Dusty want's to see if having Hanny catch him might snap Homer out of his funk.
    Just a guess here that Dusty is very unhappy that his team plays so poorly against the Phils. Dusty doesn't like being a doormat for anybody, and I'm guessing he was very displeased last night.

Don't know about Mes' suspension but you'd think after all this time Reds could have worked it out to take place when Bailey and Leake were NOT pitching.

Add to that Cy's very good point that Homer may need a change to help turn him around.

Overall, I think Dusty really wants this game tonight and Hanigan catching may be related to that. Just speculation, obviously.

I'd also speculate that Homer will pitch inside to several batters tonight. And that Marshall and Chapman will be used tonight at the drop of a hat.
    Last edited by Kc61; 08-21-2012 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Just a guess here that Dusty is very unhappy that his team plays so poorly against the Phils. Dusty doesn't like being a doormat for anybody, and I'm guessing he was very displeased last night.

Don't know about Mes' suspension but you'd think after all this time Reds could have worked it out to take place when Bailey and Leake were NOT pitching.

Add to that Cy's very good point that Homer may need a change to help turn him around.

Overall, I think Dusty really wants this game tonight and Hanigan catching may be related to that. Just speculation, obviously.

I'd also speculate that Homer will pitch inside to several batters tonight. And that Marshall and Chapman will be used tonight at the drop of a hat.
    No. Mesoraco's suspension was announced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Cozart goes 2-2 against Cliff Lee and then fans swinging.

Stubbs goes full then fans swinging.
    Last edited by Kc61; 08-21-2012 at 07:11 PM.

Cozart and Stubbs doing what they tend to do, but at least they made Lee work.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

16 pitches for Lee. It's a start, but he's a workhorse who won't just be removed at 100 pitches for the sake of it.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

From the way Lee is throwing, I'd say 1st pitch swinging is the best strategy.
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

BP error. Not how you want to start it...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    BP error. Not how you want to start it...
    At least the no hitter is still going, though.
    Thank goodness for baseball.

Philadelphia has become like LA used to be for the Reds
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

Pierre flies out to center

Utley singles, Rollins was running. 1st and 3rd, 1 out.

Ryan Howard wondering if Reds pitchers can throw batting practice to him tomorrow.

Turn Off Ads?