Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tuesday 8/21/2012 Minor League Updates..

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Tuesday 8/21/2012 Minor League Updates..

Montgomery is up 4-2 in the 8th. Bases juiced for David Vidal. Billy Hamilton also stole another base, sitting at 147.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

The Blue Wahoos ended up losing game 1 of the double header 4-2 only 4 hits for the Blue Wahoos in eight innings.

Louisville ended up taking a 7-5 lead, then the bullpen coughed it up. Bats now trail 10-7.

Didi has two hits already to bring his BA to .248. Henry is 1 for 4 to bring his BA to .235. I really thought HRod was doing better. Felix did get a third hit to bring his BA all the way up to .300.

BTW, I know BA is not the best measure of offensive performance, but FanGraphs doesn't give up to the second OPS numbers like the box score will give you a BA.

Sean Buckley was 2-2, both doubles, with 2 walks and 3 RBIs, in Dayton's 6-3 win. Radhames Quezada went four scoreless innings with 5 K. Wes Mugarian fanned 4 over the next four to get the decision.

For Billings, Jonathan Moscot, Jordan Remer and Jose Amezcua have worked six scoreless innings for a 3-0 lead. Zach Vincej is 2-3 (.427) and Carlos Sanchez has his fifth double in two games.

Travieso looking sharp for the Red Runts tonight: 4 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 4 K. The kiddies lead 1-0. Humberto Valor is 2-2.

Ryan Wright's 2-run HR accounts for Bakersfield's side of a 2-2 score, third inning. Josh Smith (3 H, 3 BB) hasn't yet settled down.

AZL Reds won in a rain shortened game. Jonathan Reynoso is hitting .339 with some speed.

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    Ryan Wright's 2-run HR accounts for Bakersfield's side of a 2-2 score, third inning. Josh Smith (3 H, 3 BB) hasn't yet settled down.
    Which is his 4th straight game with a homer. I know some on here (dougdirt) were wanting Wright to show the power he showed last year and thus far in the second half he most definitely has been. Figured he deserves some props.

Quote Originally Posted by NastyBoys View Post
    Which is his 4th straight game with a homer. I know some on here (dougdirt) were wanting Wright to show the power he showed last year and thus far in the second half he most definitely has been. Figured he deserves some props.
    Really wonder about it being the Cal League though.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Really wonder about it being the Cal League though.
    Well I watched him hit homers in 3 straight games in Dayton about to weeks prior to his call up to Bakersfield. Including one of the Kroger sign to the left of the scoreboard, so while it being the Cali League may help, it's not a fluke. Yorman also went against that theory when comparing his results from Bakersfield to Dayton, however I think his attitude played the largest role in that

He had some issues with his load in the first half of the season which basically didn't allow him to generate his full power potential yet didn't affect his swing other than that, thus the high AVG and 2B numbers in the first half. He was able to work on it and correct it over the all star break and I personally saw a night and day difference in his swing from the 1st half to the 2nd half.

All I'm saying is I think you're wrong if you don't consider him to be in the 10-15 range in the organization.

All I'm saying is I think you're wrong if you don't consider him to be in the 10-15 range in the organization.
    Who else fills out your list? I think that's the more important question. Some years, Wright might seem like a top-5 prospect. Other years, he might not make the top-20. It all depends on who's in your organization at the time.

Well I watched him hit homers in 3 straight games in Dayton about to weeks prior to his call up to Bakersfield. Including one of the Kroger sign to the left of the scoreboard, so while it being the Cali League may help, it's not a fluke. Yorman also went against that theory when comparing his results from Bakersfield to Dayton, however I think his attitude played the largest role in that

He had some issues with his load in the first half of the season which basically didn't allow him to generate his full power potential yet didn't affect his swing other than that, thus the high AVG and 2B numbers in the first half. He was able to work on it and correct it over the all star break and I personally saw a night and day difference in his swing from the 1st half to the 2nd half.

I never said I didn't consider him there. I don't know though. He isn't 10, but might be 15. Just not sure yet.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Who else fills out your list? I think that's the more important question. Some years, Wright might seem like a top-5 prospect. Other years, he might not make the top-20. It all depends on who's in your organization at the time.
    Wasn't making a generality but referring to some of Dougdirt's past comments on his ranking within the organization and wanted to point out that his biggest issue (power) in the first half has been one of his strong suits in the second half.

I'd be curious to hear some of your guys' thoughts on comparing H-Rod and Wright as prospects. I don't know enough about H-Rod to make a comparison but have noticed he's having a down year this year despite the improved defense.

Turn Off Ads?