Turn Off Ads?
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Thread: 8/22/12 - Reds @ Phillies

Re: 8/22/12 - Reds @ Phillies

Quote Originally Posted by dman View Post
    But they could be with a healthy Votto and Frazier playing everyday 3B. Bad thing about it is that probably won't happen.
    July/August Rolen and Frazier are about as good as it is gonna get though. Both are right around 1.000 OPS the past month.

They've played so well, it is next to impossible to see a big improvement from the past 30 days once Votto returns.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Hanigan is "so gangsta" during his postgame interviews. Anyone watching FNS right now knows exactly what I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    July/August Rolen and Frazier are about as good as it is gonna get though. Both are right around 1.000 OPS the past month.

They've played so well, it is next to impossible to see a big improvement from the past 30 days once Votto returns.
    I'm fine with no big improvement, I just don't want to see anymore of Valdez/Cairo starting at 1B/3B.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Elephant in the room. (not a horrible one)

Frazier has played to Votto's level the past month. The Reds aren't gonna be that much better looking once Votto returns.
    Yeah, there's not really "that much better" than how the Reds have been playing. (It doesn't exist.) Unless you're including the first nine games of the 1990 season or something.

Okay, I didn't quite understand the context in which your post was made. Understand what you were trying to say now.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Yeah, there's not really "that much better" than how the Reds have been playing. (It doesn't exist.) Unless you're including the first nine games of the 1990 season or something.
    I agree...we are at a season high 27 games over .500...with the biggest lead in all of baseball...8 games over the Cards.

Frazier has been as good as Votto the last 35 games...
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    I agree...we are at a season high 27 games over .500...with the biggest lead in all of baseball...8 games over the Cards.

Frazier has been as good as Votto the last 35 games...
    But that isn't likely to continue. I love Frazier and think he has a bright future, but he isn't Votto. It's AWESOME that he's hitting like Votto while Votto's out, but he isn't going to stay this hot forever. Votto, however, can maintain that play.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Good problems to have

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Good problems to have
    Ain't that the truth. If somebody would have told me on July 16th, the date it was announced that Votto would undergo surgery, that on August 22, 2012 that the Reds would be 27-11 without Joey's presence in the lineup, I either would've laughed my rear end off or I would have asked who Walt was able to trade for to make up the difference in Joey's absence. This has been unreal. And of those 27 wins, there were stretches of 10, and two 5 game win streaks mixed in.
    Last edited by dman; 08-22-2012 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    But that isn't likely to continue. I love Frazier and think he has a bright future, but he isn't Votto. It's AWESOME that he's hitting like Votto while Votto's out, but he isn't going to stay this hot forever. Votto, however, can maintain that play.
    oh I totally agree, what I was trying to say was when Joey comes back and plays for Frazier I doubt he can play better. Frazier has been crazy hot.

Now...if Frazier plays more than Rolan...which I hope...we ARE a better team. I know Rolan has had good numbers after the all-star break but he is ALWAYS day-to-day. Frazier has the energy to play every single day.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Congratulations to Jay Bruce, who has passed Reggie Sanders for 19th place on the Reds all-time home run list!

Updated Reds HR list (players in italics are active):

Reds 100-Home Run Club
    1. Johnny Bench - 389
    2. Frank Robinson - 324
    3. Tony Perez - 287
    4. Adam Dunn - 270
    5. Ted Kluszewski - 251
    6. George Foster - 244
    7. Ken Griffey, Jr. - 210
    8. Eric Davis - 203
    9. Barry Larkin - 198
    10. Vada Pinson - 186
    11. Wally Post - 172
    12. Gus Bell - 160
    13. Joe Morgan - 152
    13. Pete Rose - 152
    15. Lee May - 147
    16. Brandon Phillips - 137
    17. Dan Driessen - 133
    17. Joey Votto - 133
    19. Jay Bruce - 126
    20. Reggie Sanders - 125
    21. Ernie Lombardi - 120
    22. Sean Casey - 118
    23. Frank McCormick - 110
    24. Dave Parker - 107
    25. Chris Sabo - 104
    26. Dave Concepcion - 101
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

How 'bout those birthday pictures FSN put up? Carl Yastrzemski and Paul Molitor...I got a kick out of the fact that Molitor's was black and white and Yaz's was in color even though he is much older...

Turn Off Ads?