Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Rate my Fantasy Team 2012

Rate my Fantasy Team 2012

I did my first of three drafts last night; 12 teams, standard rules (4 points for passing TDs as opposed to 6). We start a QB, two RBs, two WRs, a TE, a flex (RB/WR/TE), defense and kicker. I picked fourth and below are my picks in order - please let me know your thoughts (good or bad):

LeSean McCoy
    Darren McFadden
    Cam Newton
    Dez Bryant (holding my breath he's OK)
    Doug Martin
    Stevie Johnson
    Eric Decker
    Jason Witten
    Pierre Garcon
    David Wilson
    Mike Williams (TB)
    Jacquizz Rodgers
    Andrew Luck
    Detroit D
    Nate Kaeding

My only potential regret is going with Doug Martin over Jeremy Maclin in the fifth given that I already had two starting running backs, but I figure Martin can hopefully start in the flex spot (or be trade bait for a better WR).

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Rate my Fantasy Team 2012

Lots of risk on this team, but high reward. I would be concerned with WR depth as well as QB play on this team. Decker should be good with Manning this season.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

I agree - McFadden in particular is high risk, high reward (he really burned me last year); Cam and Dez, too. That being said, I'm going big or going home (hopefully the former).

Thanks for your input.

Getting McFadden @21 is a incredible steal. I understand that he is an injury risk but at 21 it is a no brainer. He could score the most points by a RB if healthy, and it was said he will be the goal line back this year.

Dez, Johnson, Decker is a little light but if this is a PPR then Decker helps a lot more.

Solid team, with injury risks but the potential to be very good.

Thanks to you, too-it is not a PPR league, but this league only starts two WRs (and a flex).

Should I have taken Maclin or DeSean Jackson in the fifth over Martin?

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    Thanks to you, too-it is not a PPR league, but this league only starts two WRs (and a flex).

Should I have taken Maclin or DeSean Jackson in the fifth over Martin?
    I think so. They are the lower end of the tier 2 receivers. Martin is the top end of the Tier 3 running backs. With the guys you already had in hand, I would have gone receiver. But not much to worry about. Receiver is the one position that you can mine on the waiver wire every season for a huge payoff. If Martin is as good as some think he can be you might be able to trade him for a WR better than Maclin or Jackson anyway.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    I think so. They are the lower end of the tier 2 receivers. Martin is the top end of the Tier 3 running backs. With the guys you already had in hand, I would have gone receiver. But not much to worry about. Receiver is the one position that you can mine on the waiver wire every season for a huge payoff. If Martin is as good as some think he can be you might be able to trade him for a WR better than Maclin or Jackson anyway.
    Good point...that definitely makes sense.

I have my second of three drafts tomorrow night, so I'll run the results by you guys in case you'd like to comment again. Once again, I appreciate your input.

In the meantime, please let me know what you think of my wife's first fantasy draft she had tonight. It's a 12 team PPR league; 4 points for passing TDs with otherwise standard rules. She picked seventh.

Calvin Johnson
    Darren McFadden
    Darren Sproles
    Percy Harvin
    Dez Bryant
    Matt Ryan
    Brandon Pettigrew
    Donald Brown
    Derrius Heyward-Bey
    Kevin Smith
    Kenny Britt
    Josh Freeman
    Ryan Williams
    Rashad Jennings
    Giants D
    Jason Hanson

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    In the meantime, please let me know what you think of my wife's first fantasy draft she had tonight. It's a 12 team PPR league; 4 points for passing TDs with otherwise standard rules. She picked seventh.

Calvin Johnson
    Darren McFadden
    Darren Sproles
    Percy Harvin
    Dez Bryant
    Matt Ryan
    Brandon Pettigrew
    Donald Brown
    Derrius Heyward-Bey
    Kevin Smith
    Kenny Britt
    Josh Freeman
    Ryan Williams
    Rashad Jennings
    Giants D
    Jason Hanson
    Well done. I think Matt Ryan will have a monster year. Donald Brown will thrive in the new Indy offense. Great late pick ups of Britt, Williams and Jennings.

Quote Originally Posted by HotCorner View Post
    Well done. I think Matt Ryan will have a monster year. Donald Brown will thrive in the new Indy offense. Great late pick ups of Britt, Williams and Jennings.
    Thanks...while she certainly had input, I more or less drafted her team since this is her first time playing.

I hope my second draft goes well tonight.

Here's my second of three drafts - 12 teams, standard rules, start QB, two RB, two WR, one flex, TE, D and K, no PPR and six points per passing TD. I picked sixth.

Arian Foster (amazing that I got him at six)
    Darren McFadden
    A.J. Green (couldn't decide between him and Julio Jones, so I went with the Bengal)
    Hakeem Nicks
    Percy Harvin
    Matt Ryan (had I known I'd get him, I'd have taken Julio)
    Aaron Hernandez
    Peyton Hillis
    Kevin Smith
    Titus Young
    Greg Little
    Jacquizz Rodgers
    Mike Williams
    Ryan Fitzpatrick
    Eagles D
    Matt Bryant

Let me know your thoughts, please...

Nice drafts. In your 2nd draft, I would have gone with Julio instead of Green simply because of who's throwing to them. Not sure about Andy. I like Ryan alot more.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Pretty good draft for picking 6th, the rest of the managers were asleep at the wheel not snatching Foster up before you. I too feel that Julio Jones will be bigger this yr than Green. AJ isn't Megatron and those double teams will kill his value. Jones has White opposite him and Matt Ryan. If McFadden stays healthy you should be in for a nice run.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Tonight's fantasy effort -- it's a keeper league, and I was returning AJ Green & Jimmy Graham.

I picked last, as a result of winning the league last year:

1. DeMarco Murray (DAL)
    2. Marshawn Lynch (SEA)
    3. Demaryius Thomas (DEN)
    4. Dez Bryant (DAL)
    5. Percy Harvin (MIN)
    6. Jimmy Graham KEEPER (NO)
    7. A.J. Green KEEPER (CIN)
    8. Justin Blackmon (JAX)
    9. Ryan Williams (ARI)
    10. Matt Schaub (HOU)
    11. Johnathan Stewart (CAR)
    12. Robert Griffin III (WAS)
    13. Kyle Rudolph (MIN)
    14. Sebastian Janikowski (OAK)
    15. Robert Turbin (SEA)

I'll have to drop someone to pick up a defense for week 1.

The field was weird due to all the keepers, but I ended up with a high boom / bust team. Not a lot of solid contributors, but a lot of high ceiling.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Thanks for the input - in hindsight, I probably agree with Julio over A.J., but I had them ranked pretty evenly, so I foolishly let my heart break the tie. For the sake of the Bengals and my fantasy team, I hope it was the right call.

Here's my third and final draft: I drafted seventh out of 12 teams. We start a QB, two RBs, three WRs, TE, one flex RB/WR, K and D. Standard scoring, no PPR and six points per passing TD:

Calvin Johnson
    DeMarco Murray
    Roddy White
    Victor Cruz
    Reggie Bush
    Michael Vick
    Donald Brown
    Ryan Williams
    Titus Young
    Jason Witten
    Pierre Thomas
    Kendall Wright
    Alshon Jeffery
    Brent Celek
    Joe Flacco
    Lions D
    Jason Hanson

Bush as my second best RB is a concern - unless he does what he did last year, but I'm not holding my breath. Also, besides potentially Titus Young, I think my backup WRs stink.

Thanks for any input.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Picking 2nd...

QB Matt Ryan

RB Ray Rice
    RB Darren Sproles
    RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis
    RB David Wilson

WR AJ Green
    WR Julio Jones
    WR Demaryius Thomas
    WR Nate Washington
    WR Darrius Heyward-Bey
    WR Mike Williams (TB)
    WR Davone Bess

TE Jared Cook
    TE Jermaine Gresham

D/ST Bills

K Alex Henery

Whaddya think? I was hoping Reggie Bush would fall to me, but I ended up with The Law Firm instead. I'm not exactly comfortable with Sproles as my RB2, either, so I might end up making a trade later on. And yeah, I know, seven WRs. There was nobody left at RB, so I just loaded up on them. With the exception of maybe Bess, they all have nice upside. I'm hoping one of them breaks out and nets me a decent back in return.
    Last edited by Ohayou; 09-06-2012 at 05:32 PM.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Turn Off Ads?