Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wednesday 8/22/2012 Minor League Updates

Re: Wednesday 8/22/2012 Minor League Updates

Louisville tied up at two. Soto walked and came around on a Costanzo double. Texeira's pitch count up early and he only goes 2 and a third. Josh Judy takes the baton. Game knotted at 2 after 4 full.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Billy Hamilton with a much-deserved rest. Pensacola puts up a three spot in the first anyway. Big blow is two-run Bryson Smith triple. Wahoos lead 3-0 in the second.

Stephenson with a rocky first, giving up three. Dragons plate two in the second. They trail 3-2 in the third. Dayton was a recipient of three walks in the second. The inning ended on a fly ball/runner thrown out at the plate.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Willie Harris, redszone favorite, homered to lead off the game for Louisville. HRod followed with a double but was stranded.
    Home Run Harris has a second dinger, but Louisville trails 7-5 after eight.

'Cola rolling 7-2 after six. David Vidal has a HR and 4 RBIs. Serrano pitched well.

Learning night for Stephenson: 3.1 IP, 8 H, 7 R, 7 ER, 2 BB, 5 K.

Dayton trails 10-5 in the seventh. Silva has a HR. Yorman with a couple singles.

Winker, who's been slacking off a bit lately, is 2-2 tonight. So is Pigott. Joel Bender's on the mound, and Billings leads 3-2 in the third.

-The Insider-

Dunno if anyone has noticed, but Felix Perez has put together a nice season. He is hitting .299 after hitting .226 and .228 in April and May, respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    Dunno if anyone has noticed, but Felix Perez has put together a nice season. He is hitting .299 after hitting .226 and .228 in April and May, respectively.
    Perez had two more hits tonight, including a triple, to push his average up to .301. Louisville falls 7-5. As mentioned Willie Harris is officially in 'salary drive' mode, yanking two out of the park. Both drives came against Chris Leroux, who announced his retirement immediately following the game. Mike Costanzo with a couple hits as well. Every Bats' pitcher that toed the rubber tonight gave up runs.

Mark Serrano came out of the game after six strong and bad things happened in the Biscuit half of the seventh. They scored four times, aided by three free passes. The lead has been cut to 7-6.
    Weird play in the Blue Fish half of the seventh. Beau Mills singled and Billy Hamilton was inserted into the game as a pinch runner. Vidal struck out and Billy Hamilton was called out on batter interference. I am assuming that Hamilton was trying to steal second and Vidal got in the way of the catcher's throw. That may not be the case.
    Josh Fellhauer has reached all four times - two hits and two walks. Bryson Smith has two hits. David Vidal has a home run and four RBIs. And we have a PJ Phillips sighting. Pensacola still leads by one and Justin Freeman is on in the top of the ninth to try close things out.

Dragons got hammered 12-5. Stephenson was roughed up early and often. Lucas O'Rear as well. Defense made three errors leading to five unearned runs. Yorman Rodriguez and Nick O'Shea with two singles each. Juan Silva touched them all. Juan Perez with a hit and two walks.

Out west, Bakersfield leads 1-0 after three. Daniel Renken is shining so far tonight, giving up just one hit and striking out four. Danny Vicioso has doubled and scored the only run of the game.

Billings ouch. They travel 11-5 after six. Joel Bender pitched like he was on one. Or wished he was. He went three plus innings giving up nine runs on eleven hits. He pitched into the fourth but has no recollection of doing so. Zachary Vincej is one for one with a walk. He is now batting .429.

I was at the Dragons game tonight down in Bowling Green. It just wasn't a great night at all for Stephenson. He was touching in the 90's on the radar, but he also threw quite a few balls out of the strike zone early in the game too. There were also some errors and some hits that were some rather 'fluke' type hits too. But again, the Bowling Green team this year is no slouch, they are one of the better teams in the Midwest, so he definitely had his work cut out for him. I left the game very unimpressed, in more than one aspect.

There other aspect, well, it may not belong here in this thread, but I shall mention it anyway. Maybe it was just one of those nights for Stephenson but I found him to be rather rude. I have a hobby where I try and collect autos from the teams coming in (I live right outside Bowling Green). I have many of the Midwest teams autos and well, I can understand that you are the starting pitcher tonight and that you may not want to sign before the game, and I can understand if you just got rocked and don't want to sign after the game, but in this whole year of going to the games and asking for the autos, I have never had anyone just flat out said 'NO' to me. I have had people say 'Catch me after the game' or 'Catch me tomorrow' which I normally do, and they more than oblige. But I get a 'NO' both before and after the game and get a nasty look from him after the game too. Mind you, there wasn't a lot of people asking either, I was the only person there at the time, both times. Again, it may have been just one of those nights for Stephenson and he may be a swell guy, but it just left a sour taste in my mouth tonight. I hope that this sour taste doesn't stay, because he has a ton of potential and he is a future Red and I don't want to have a disdain towards a future Red. I dunno. Just never had this type of reaction from a player, especially at the Low A level. Okay, I will get off my soapbox now. Sorry for the rant.

Freeman gives up homer, homer, triple, single to start the ninth. Pensacola fights back in the bottom half of the inning as LaMarre doubles and Hamilton singles him home. They still come up a run short and fall 9-8. Hamilton did steal second base in the ninth.

Turn Off Ads?