Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jacksonville Jaguars 2012 Thread

Re: Jacksonville Jaguars 2012 Thread

I'm convinced. We suck.

The town is despondent. Season's over after 4 games. We had relied on GM Gene Smith, and he has failed. This is year 4 of the 4 year plan.

I'm now ready to lose out and get #1 overall pick. Go Cleveland !! Win a few games. We've never been bad enough to get higher than 5th or 6th pick.

We need #1 and we need a new GM ASAP to do the picking.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I wouldn't be surprised if they beat the Colts again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Watching the Jags offense, it's pretty clear Bratkowski is the coordinator. I really have no idea why they brought him on board. He was attrocious in Cincinnati. He's the same guy now he was then, but with fewer weapons.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Watching the Jags offense, it's pretty clear Bratkowski is the coordinator. I really have no idea why they brought him on board. He was attrocious in Cincinnati. He's the same guy now he was then, but with fewer weapons.
    The problem with coordinators is that unless you are really really good, you need fresh blood coming in all the time. Brat was pretty good in his first couple of years as the Bengals OC, but once his ideas got stale he didn't develop anything new. Remember his WR shovel pass? Worked great once or twice but run it 20 times and it quit working. His in game changes leave much to be desired as well. You can run a conservative offense if you are blessed with a great D, but other than that you need to be innovative, something Brat is not.

Watching Jay Gruden call the offense has been a pleasant surprise.

What I (don't) miss about Bob Bratkowski:
    1st & 10: long pass down the sideline--they'll never see this coming--incomplete
    2nd & 10: run between the guards--they'll never see this coming--2-yard gain
    3rd & 8: a play that goes 6 yards--time to punt

They had a stat (after game 2 or 3, forget which) that said when Jax throws an incompletion on first down, they ran on 2nd down 100% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    They had a stat (after game 2 or 3, forget which) that said when Jax throws an incompletion on first down, they ran on 2nd down 100% of the time.
    Yep, that's Bratkowski all right. He always runs on 2nd and 10. What makes him think that the rest of the league hasn't figured that out yet?

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    That's the most "Bob Bratkowski" stat I've ever seen.

I've watched a lot of football in my life and I've never seen a more predictable play caller than Brat. I could tell you what they were going to run with a high level of accuracy. And it was obvious the other team knew it too.

The only time I've seen more predictable play calling was in college, and that was Jim Tressel. Brat should NOT been an OC in the NFL.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Mularkey was not a bad OC, I don't understand why he doesn't call the plays.
    Go Gators!

Mularkey said that was one of the things that he learned from his first coaching experience. He could not call plays and manage the game well.

Jags starting to think about that number 1 pick now?
    Go Gators!

If they're lucky, they'll get a 3rd round pick for Gabbert.

Yes, they are thinking about #1 pick. No way would they get a 3rd for Gabbert. Barring a real big improvement, most here are thinking new quarterback.

Everyone knows the GM is history. And that might mean a new coach after 1 year. After witnessing this debacle I can live with it.

But what I want to see is the GM fired now. Do SOMETHING to show that this is unacceptable, and that action will be taken. A new GM now could be evaluating the current players and coaching staff.

Interesting things happening with Jags in last week. Gabbert had been nursing a shoulder injury on his non-throwing shoulder. He then sustained a nasty forearm injury on his throwing arm early in the Texans game. The nature of that injury has never been made exactly clear. I heard on "Jaguars this week" that he will see a baseball doctor for that. (Maybe it's Dr. K)

But Chad Henne came in and sparked the Jags to a near upset of the Texans. On Monday Coach Mularkey announced that Henne was the starter this week based on performance and not because of Blaine's injury. On Tuesday Jordan Palmer (QB) was seen in town, and Wed Gabbert was placed on IR.

So.....if Jags knew that Gabbert had to go on IR, why not just say he's hurt and therefore Henne would start? Instead they specifically said it was based on performance. One day later a replacement is seen in town and Gabbert goes on IR 2 days later. There's a lot of speculation that as soon as he was demoted, Gabbert said "screw it, I'll have surgery now". No one knows for sure.

Turn Off Ads?