Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Dusty to bench Frazier?

Dusty to bench Frazier?

From the Sun Deck, per Fay, original link:

Dusty's take:

“Sometimes when you’re on really good team, you’ve got to wait your turn to play. He’s fortunate he’s had this opportunity with Joey and Rolen being out. It’s fortunate for us that we had him. It’s fortunate for him that he’s been able to show what he can do.”
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dusty to bench Frazier?

He'll get his AB's

There is no I in TEAM

(Yes I just typed that)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    He'll get his AB's
    Hope you're right. I care about that more than whether he is anointed a "starter."
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Yeah, I don't see him disappearing in to Heisey land. Rolen and Frazier will probably platoon at third with Rolen getting the majority of time, and then Frazier will get some outfield play when one of the outfielders needs a day off.
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." Stephen Hawking

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

He'll get his AB's

There is no I in TEAM

(Yes I just typed that)

I went looking for some interview or another of Frazier and his positive attitude. I came across this article from the Star-Ledger about Frazier and his playing in the Little League World Series. I think I'll start a thread for that article, but here's the money quote, just typical of Frazier, IMO:

“I’ve gotten comfortable,” Frazier said. “And when I’m comfortable, I think I play fine. For me, it doesn’t matter what position I play. Third, first, left, even second or short. I just wanted an opportunity to open some eyes, and I think I’ve done that.

“I don’t need to put up Joey Votto’s MVP stats, but if I do the things I can do, I know I can help with the team game. That’s what I learned from my high school coach, Ken Frank. He always said, ‘Be a team-first guy.’ And I listened.”

Odd thing is that this writer has the exact quote from Baker about Frazier's playing time, almost verbatim. I'll give Fay the benefit of the doubt that perhaps Baker's quote is from a session with all reporters, but it jumped out at me. [note - I think those sessions are the norm and both would have just had to have had their recorder and transcribed it]
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

High five!

To me, one could have a platoon like this:

Votto
    Rolen
    Ludwick

Votto
    Frazier
    Ludwick

Votto
    Rolen
    Frazier

Frazier
    Rolen
    Ludwick

And keep everyone "fresh" while "game ready."

He'll get his AB's

There is no I in TEAM

(Yes I just typed that)
    but there is "me"

.294 BA .352 OB% .560 SLG% .913 OPS (18 HRs, 55 RBIs)

That line has to be in the lineup somehow/someway.

[drove in all 3 of the Red's runs last night in that 4-3 loss]
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

The thread title is a little misleading, IMHO.

Turn Off Ads?