Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winning Record against all NL Teams but 2

Winning Record against all NL Teams but 2

Also, Reds are 25-23 against playoff contenders (Braves, Nats, Pitt, STL, LA, SF and DBacks) (.520 winning %)
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

Re: Winning Record against all NL Teams but 2

Quote Originally Posted by RedsMan3203 View Post

Also, Reds are 25-23 against playoff contenders (Braves, Nats, Pitt, STL, LA, SF and DBacks) (.520 winning %)
    Cool info. How do the rest of the contenders stack up amongst themselves?
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Yeah, Washington's the only one that bothers me out of all that

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Those games were all so long ago though, they hardly hold any merit in my opinion. Simon wild-pitched in the winning run in extras for game 1. Lost in 13 innings another time. Lost a 2-1 game in another. They were close games when nobody outside of Votto was hitting, and Latos was only going 5 innings a start, and Chapman wasn't the closer. I actually think it's a positive to have played them that well early in the season.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    They had Washington pretty early in the season when a lot of the key contributors in the lineup were either struggling (Ludwick) or not playing (Frazier). They went to extras in 3 of the 4 games in DC, and lost by 1 run in Cincinnati on one of the games.

The record is what it is, but the matchup seems to be very even between the two teams.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    Cool info. How do the rest of the contenders stack up amongst themselves?
    Sorry, I found that lil picture elsewhere and borrowed it... It would take me a few hours to do the rest of the teams... Here is a link that will help.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/standings/grid
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

The Reds weren't hitting at all when the played the Nats. Especially in DC. I went to two of those games and they scored a total of two runs. Yet lost one of them in 13 innings. I wouldn't put a lot of stock in games played that early in the season anyway. Too much happens over the course of the entire season to woryy about results of April and May.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    They had Washington pretty early in the season when a lot of the key contributors in the lineup were either struggling (Ludwick) or not playing (Frazier). They went to extras in 3 of the 4 games in DC, and lost by 1 run in Cincinnati on one of the games.

The record is what it is, but the matchup seems to be very even between the two teams.
    And any matchup against Washington appears unlikely to include Strasburg at this point, as it seems they're going to shut him down in late September.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

After this weekend, you guys are going to have a losing record against St. Louis

Sorry had to do it.
    “Our next home stand follows this road trip.”

“I just want to tell everyone Happy Easter and Happy Hanukkah.” says on the day before Easter

Mike Shannon

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    And any matchup against Washington appears unlikely to include Strasburg at this point, as it seems they're going to shut him down in late September.
    At this point... I can see only 2 or 3 starts left in him for the year.... I heard 160 IP is the max... He is at 145 now.

Jockstocks Homepage

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post

Wasn't Washington missing key pieces due to injury?

“I just want to tell everyone Happy Easter and Happy Hanukkah.” says on the day before Easter

Mike Shannon

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Wasn't Washington missing key pieces due to injury?
    Just Morse.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Just Morse.
    Wasn't Zimmeran and Werth out and was Bryce Harper called up yet?

Mike Shannon

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Wasn't Zimmeran and Werth out and was Bryce Harper called up yet?
    Zimmerman was healthy for both series we played against them. Werth played in the first series, and Harper played in the second series.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

Quote Originally Posted by RedsMan3203 View Post
    At this point... I can see only 2 or 3 starts left in him for the year.... I heard 160 IP is the max... He is at 145 now.
    The comments from Davey Johnson yesterday basically suggested that they would shut him down for his last 2-3 starts this year, so he's got maybe 4-5 starts left. It sounds like 180 innings will be their drop-dead point.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Turn Off Ads?