Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dusty to bench Frazier once Votto is healthy

Dusty to bench Frazier once Votto is healthy

...and Rolen will start at third over Frazier. Thought this deserved its own thread...

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...vottos-return/

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dusty to bench Frazier once Votto is healthy

Frazier been getting more timely hits but Rolen's & Frazier's OPS since the all star break are about the same.

I think the key difference is Frazier is a better 3rd baseman, Rolen's range is non existed this season

Rolen has the worst FPCT (.940) of any position player on the Reds this season.

Unless Rolen signs somewhere to be a back up player next season this is his last season, Seems unfair to cost a man the ROTY award for Rolen swan song

redsfanhere

frazier can play alot of positions so i would expect that they probaly can find time for a guy who possibly could win rookie of the yr.what a pleasant surprise yr this young man has had i still think he could possibly be that left fielder we have been looking for with that power RH bat in the lineup. i'm so excited to be a reds fan these days whatta ride ey.

Frazier will still get plenty of of starts. It's not like Rolen starts 3 games in a row anymore, and it's not like we're gonna throw Votto directly back into playing every single day for the rest of the year, and then we know Ludwick gets his days off.

If our problem is too many starters then that's a problem I'm willing to live with.

Too bad he cannot play center. The Reds definitely need help there.

Frazier should be starting much more often than not. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Biff Pocoroba View Post
    Frazier should be starting much more often than not. Period.
    EXACTLY! It's painfully obvious Frazier is the better player, and it's a real shame Dusty prefers starting Grandpa over the Toddfather.

What is it about Rolen that Dusty likes more than Frazier?

Oh well, at this point with the record the Reds have I guess it's a little silly for us to complain to much.

Rolen and Votto will get regular days off. Why worry about it? We are 27 games over .500 and 8 games in first. Everything works itself out

Rolen will play every 2 games and take the getaway off like he has all year, and depending on how many games Ludwick will play in a row before getting rest (I think he's been getting around 3-4 games, this will go down when Votto returns) leaving Frazier to play around 3-4 games a week.

That's not too bad. And you never know when Frazier might get a start at 1st to keep Votto fresh.

Having Rolen, Ludwick, and Frazier and not enough spots to play them all is a good problem to have.

I'm more thinking about the playoffs. Frazier should not be getting spot starts in October. As it stands right now, he should be in the lineup every single night come playoff time. Rolen could be our first righty bat off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Biff Pocoroba View Post
    I'm more thinking about the playoffs. Frazier should not be getting spot starts in October. As it stands right now, he should be in the lineup every single night come playoff time. Rolen could be our first righty bat off the bench.
    Spot on. Frazier should be in the lineup EVERY game unless HE NEEDS rest. He is better than Rolen BOTH at the plate and at 3B, and by no small margin.

Gotta start Scott Rolen since he is the proven veteran. Statistics don't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Joesh View Post
    Gotta start Scott Rolen since he is the proven veteran. Statistics don't matter.
    I didn't know you were on the Sun Deck Dusty!

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    Frazier been getting more timely hits but Rolen's & Frazier's OPS since the all star break are about the same.

I think the key difference is Frazier is a better 3rd baseman, Rolen's range is non existed this season

Rolen has the worst FPCT (.940) of any position player on the Reds this season.

Unless Rolen signs somewhere to be a back up player next season this is his last season, Seems unfair to cost a man the ROTY award for Rolen swan song
    I agree that he should be starting, but he might to get his avg north of .300 and keep his HR and RBI numbers at their post ASG rate if he wants a chance to take that award from Miley. He's a legit Cy Young candidate and it's his to lose right now.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

The Smiling Side AintlifeGrande's Avatar

With Rolens back issues,he may wind up on the shelf again.Regardless,both will get equal playing time.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

Turn Off Ads?