Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Lance Armstrong to be stripped of Tour de France titles and banned from cycling

Re: Lance Armstrong to be stripped of Tour de France titles and banned from cycling

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    "Lance Armstrong’s troubles continue. The city of Chicago won’t let Armstrong run in the city’s annual marathon set for October, reports ESPN.com."

I give up. Just another example of everyone jumping on the bandwagon, lack of imagination, and the media hype controlling all. Who made this decision?
    Is it true that all runners in the Chicago Marathon are being issued bullet-proof vests?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Lance Armstrong to be stripped of Tour de France titles and banned from cycling

Bump.

Interesting.

Nike reportedly paid $500,000 to the former president of Union Cycliste Internationale, the governing body for sports cycling and international competitions, to cover-up one of Lance Armstrong’s positive drug tests, according to a report Tuesday from Michael O’Keefee of The New York Daily News.
    http://tracking.si.com/2012/10/16/ni...?sct=obnetwork

Interesting but all it boils down to is a mechanic saying he heard something and nothing else

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Interesting but all it boils down to is a mechanic saying he heard something and nothing else
    At least that part of things, yes. The dozens of people saying they saw him dope.... that is another part of the story though.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    At least that part of things, yes. The dozens of people saying they saw him dope.... that is another part of the story though.
    Exactly. But $500K payoff and allegations that he really did fail a test is huge IMO, if true. Right now there's not enough evidence to say that it is. Up until this point the whole story has been that he's beaten the system by passing all of its tests despite all he was doing illegally

Where there's a raging inferno, there's fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

I never thought Pete Rose would have a rival for the most shameless person to continue to lie in spite of overwhelming evidence. How naive was I.

Over/under on 2017 for the come clean autobiography by Lance?

Now the question is ... who wasn't doping in cycling.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    Now the question is ... who wasn't doping in cycling.
    The camera men on the back of the jeeps?

I think it's official that the 7 Tour titles have been officially stripped.

I wondering if this means there really hasn't been a Tour during the last couple decades if suspected enhanced riders are ineligible?
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

I think that's why they didn't give the wins to the 2nd place guys. Pretty much everyone in that era was doping.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Well, they can strip him of all his models, but they can never take away the fact that he walked on the moon
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Well, they can strip him of all his models, but they can never take away the fact that he walked on the moon

I always wondered why he didn't ride his bike around when he was up there.

For a Level Playing Field

OK, seems the bicycle pros can stay ahead of testing. Does this mean:

(1) that all of the track-and-field athletes are doing the same? How about MLB and NFL players?

(2) the testing in bicycling has been a farce?

Something has to give here. Bicylce riders and their kin might be smarter than other sports, but they are not that smart (they can beat the testing and others cannot).

I have long believed that the NFL and MLB testing is a farce (hey, you will be tested in 3 months so make sure you clean it up!) and only the dumb fail. Hence, the reason many of these athletes get busted by the police with recreational drugs but never fail a league test (for PEDs or rec drugs). I can name three Bengals players that got busted by the authorities (Caldwell, Joseph and Henry), but never failed a league test. How did that happen?!?

Turn Off Ads?