Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Urban Meyer is full of it

Re: Urban Meyer is full of it

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Brutus, why did the girl change her story? This wasn't someone stepping forward who saw what happened, this was her, changing her story, well after the fact.

And let's be clear, I am bothered by what Urban Meyer said. While I am bothered by the events as well, I get letting him back on the team even if I don't agree with it. What I don't like is what Meyer said about the situation.
    Victims recant for a variety of reasons. You can't say for sure without knowing the intimate details of how things went down. Often new facts come out after the initial contact with police that indicate that the victim wasn't entirely forthcoming when the police forest show up. For example, victims won't often tell police they started hitting first.

Police in many jurisdictions will overcharge on DV cases just because they want to err on the side of protecting the alleged victim, knowing a protection order will come with arraignment. It's only when they sit down with the prosecutor and interview the alleged victim in greater detail that they determine whether it's a good case of DV. If it's a case where there are injuries, they take pictures so that they can go forward even if the victim recants.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Urban's no more full of it than the vast majority of college coaches.
    Last edited by WMR; 08-24-2012 at 11:53 PM.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Urban's no more full of it than the vast majority of most college coaches.
    You are right.

This guy is going to leave yall once the Irish realize they have a terrible coach. He did it to Utah and he did to it to Florida.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    This guy is going to leave yall once the Irish realize they have a terrible coach. He did it to Utah and he did to it to Florida.
    Don't forget Bowling Green
    Go Gators!

I can't believe he left those programs high and dry without actually winning anything or improving the programs.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

In these types of cases, quite often, the woman decides to drop the charges after the fact. When that happens, I just tend to not believe it. Especially when this is in the article

A trial had been postponed until Sept. 24, but according to information presented by Klein's lawyer in Franklin County Municipal Court, the woman "wanted the charges dropped" and said that Klein "didn't hit her, didn't intend to hurt her."

So what did he do that hurt her, that he "didn't intend to do" that took her a while to change her mind on?
    You are the most interesting man in the world. An expert on domestic violence cases as well. Stay thirsty, my friend.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    I can't believe he left those programs high and dry without actually winning anything or improving the programs.
    Utah maybe. Florida he left them dry and at the worst time for recruiting.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...orm-klein-team

After a charge of domestic violence was dismissed and the senior linebacker pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of misdemeanor disorderly conduct on Wednesday, Klein's status was re-evaluated by Buckeyes coach Urban Meyer on Thursday.

"As I had indicated previously, if there are changes in the charges against Storm, I would re-evaluate his status," Meyer said in a school release. "The charges that would have violated our core values have been totally dismissed."

So let me get this right Urban.... the court system allowed him to plea out to a lesser charge, despite nothing about the event actually changing that got him kicked off of the team, but that lesser charge fits in the core values of Ohio State? You sir, are full of it.
    As for this critique, you don't see a difference between domestic violence and misdemeanor disorderly conduct? In answer to your question, I do not see the issue as fitting in, but that it is a charge that does not rise to the level of stepping outside the boundaries of "core values." Disorderly conduct is a pretty broad charge that can be handed out to slap hands for making the cops come out on a call, or yelling and screaming waking up the neighbors, or punching a wall, or not being immediately cooperative with law enforcement. I see disorderly conduct charges as adult fit throwing.

I honestly don't want to defend this, I just don't think that your if/then statement stands up very well here. Especially considering what has become common knowledge, that the girl had recanted her version.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

I reluctantly opened this thread, but now realize why I pretty much stay away from this side of the board, especially when the topic of OSU is brought up.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    I reluctantly opened this thread, but now realize why I pretty much stay away from this side of the board, especially when the topic of OSU is brought up.
    You do realize that I am a huge Ohio State fan, right? I like Urban Meyer, the coach. He gets it done.

I just don't agree with what is going on in this specific situation. Not that it wouldn't have happened at 90% of other big time schools.

I just don't agree with what is going on in this specific situation. Not that it wouldn't have happened at 90% of other big time schools.
    What exactly did he do wrong?

Are you basing this entirely on your belief that most of the time when people drop charges it's out of coercion or something else? I'm all for coming down hard on someone for this, and if this kid did in fact try to hurt a woman, I'd want him nowhere near the program. But unless there's other evidence we're not aware of, it doesn't seem like the kid did anything worthy of that kind of discipline.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Going to be pretty honest.... part of this is probably because I have been in an extremely bad mood for about two weeks now. It just seems that every little thing really gets to me.

Going to be pretty honest.... part of this is probably because I have been in an extremely bad mood for about two weeks now. It just seems that every little thing really gets to me.
    This gets us all. I am convinced that Chris Heisey is out to ruin the world. Empirical evidence suggests that he is not. I am reluctant to accept that evidence.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

For a Level Playing Field

Utah maybe. Florida he left them dry and at the worst time for recruiting.
    As a lifelong OSU fan, I will forgive him for doing the same... esp. after winning 2 National Titles. If it is related to health matters, then I hope I understand that health is more important than football.

Just how I roll.

Turn Off Ads?