Turn Off Ads?
Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/24/12 - Reds vs Cards

Re: 8/24/12 - Reds vs Cards

Quote Originally Posted by dman View Post
    As fans, is it safe to say that all of us see certain trends? As I've watched, the only one of our starting pitchers that is holding up is Cueto, and even he has been fading just a tad, yet even if he doesn't, he can't prop this team up by himself until the end of September, especially if the offense isn't going to give the pitchers some run support. Bronson always seems to be big opposing team inning away from blowing a big lead, as we see tonight, same for Latos... Homer is a head case, and I'm not sure of Leake. Games like this, and more specifically a series like this drives home the fact that something needed and should have been done at the trade deadline to shore up any one of the ares that this team could sorely use help in. Anything to help prop this team up would've been great.
    If the only one that is holding up is Cueto, how have they gone 30-12 since the All-Star break?
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Haunted by walks

Something psycho always happens between these two teams.

Five runs through six is actually pretty decent run support.

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    Not trying to pick on you but I keep seeing the "Walt sat on his hands" Maybe there was no good deal to be made. This team is sitting in a really good situation to have a pretty long run of success. As far as the bullpen they have definitely hit a rough patch but they are the best bullpen in the league.

I love this team. And I don't mean the Reds, obviously we all do we're on a message board on a Friday night, I mean this 2012 Cincinnati Reds team. I freaked out 6 weeks ago when Votto went down and thought the season was probably over. They've played incredible for those 6 weeks without their MVP. They can pitch, they play good defense, and they can hit a little bit. They battle back constantly and most importantly they are just a really good team.

I think we are going to be playing in October and I don't think it will look anything like 2010.

No problem. A few here are....even when I agreed with what they are posting....when they were being negative as well.

Cincrazy's fact of the day: Even if the Cards sweep us by a combined score of 60-12 this series, we still lead them by four games.

Oh, and some guy named Votto comes back soon.

Broken bat ground out to 3rd by Craig.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    If the only one that is holding up is Cueto, how have they gone 30-12 since the All-Star break?
    I'm going to gamble and say that much of it was that they were that good for that stretch, but we all know there were many breaks that fell our way also. Look, I'm simply posting as an observer. I'm no expert, and I'm certainly not trying to incite anything on here in a negative way. Please don't take what I'm saying so personally. Just casual observations.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    No problem. A few here are....even when I agreed with what they are posting....when they were being negative as well.
    I'm not trying to pick on you Tony. I just think you're overreacting to one game man. I've got a sick feeling in my stomach too. This game sucks. But the beauty of baseball is, the tide turns fast. Tomorrow is a new day. The 2000 Yankees were DREADFUL in September, and won the World Series. The 2006 Cards won 83 games. Won the World Series. The Cards sweeing us here wouldn't decide anything, let alone this one game.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

I swear, one of these days someones going to get killed by an impaled broken bat. Just scary sometimes.

it can always be worse
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Molina strikes out swinging.

Nice change up there from Simon. He's settled in a bit this inning. Just keep this team in striking distance and we've seen what they can do.
    This will not change until the Reds win the World Series.......

April 28, 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Something psycho always happens between these two teams.

Five runs through six is actually pretty decent run support.
    Exactly. Five runs usually wins for this team. Cueto and Latos with subpar outings in games against good teams.

Too bad, but the team isn't going down the tubes. Just a couple of bad outings by the team's best starters.

I'm confident that Cueto and Latos will come back next time against Arizona.

This series, maybe the Reds can pull out this game or beat Garcia or Wainright.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    I think this game is over, but I think it's just *this game* that is over. I don't think it's any way indicative of the rest of the season.
    sure...not the rest of the season but this sets the tone for THIS series. If we don't come back, it will be one of the worst losses of the year. Up 5-2 with Latos pitching in the 6th, Chapman rested, we should win.

Leake and Bailey have not exactly been lights out in GABP.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Haunted by walks

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    I swear, one of these days someones going to get killed by an impaled broken bat. Just scary sometimes.
    It was almost Chapman.

Freese hit by the pitch

Turn Off Ads?