Turn Off Ads?
Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/24/12 - Reds vs Cards

Re: 8/24/12 - Reds vs Cards

Simon has hardly pitched lately, so I'll give him a pass for some troubles last night and this.

After tonight, the pass is over and he should be more effective.

Go Reds.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    I think I just broke my pinky toe on the corner of my in-table. And my brother just unleashed an epically disastrous fart. This night is unraveling quickly.
    Considering my mood, making me laugh HARD right now is quite impressive. :O) Well done cincrazy.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    True. Maybe some other alternative. Something that DOESN'T shatter.
    I say we just go to wiffle ball sets. Some nasty curve balls with that, plus you'd have to on some serious PEDs to get big numbers there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Simon has hardly pitched lately, so I'll give him a pass for some troubles last night and this.

After tonight, the pass is over and he should be more effective.

Go Reds.
    Problem is when will Baker think about using him again? Catch 22 with him it seems.

Meanwhile in Pittsburgh John Axford is in the process of blowing the lead. It is now 6-4 Brewers and the Pirates hasve 2 on with 1 out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    I am tone deaf anyways....so who knows. It sounded ominous and foreboding....so I used it.
    Well, kudos to your honesty and use of vernacular.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Meanwhile, Simon is lousing up this inning. I guess you don't want to waste more pitching so he stays in, but he's not really helping things.
    With the guy we got pitching for us tomorrow...you need a rested bull pen.

You honestly don't know what your going to get from Leake start to start. He was given all kinds of runs against the Phillies and he was thowing batting practice to them.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Quote Originally Posted by dman View Post
    I'm going to gamble and say that much of it was that they were that good for that stretch, but we all know there were many breaks that fell our way also. Look, I'm simply posting as an observer. I'm no expert, and I'm certainly not trying to incite anything on here in a negative way. Please don't take what I'm saying so personally. Just casual observations.

The Reds' beat up on bad teams, they have had an easy schedule, they're a very good team, it's how they do in series like this that concerns me, because it'll be just like this one in October, or last night, with or without Votto.

We can only "hope" they stave off the Cardinals, because a 4-5 game lead ain't all that if they can't take 2 of 3. It's hard not to be a bit concerned.

But losing to the Cardinals in a game they should win like tonight, considering the next two matches, is ridiculously frustrating.

Not sure why some posters can't just understand that and let some things pass and shrug it off, it's baseball, it's the internet, people overreact, people have differing opinions, that's life.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dman View Post
    I say we just go to wiffle ball sets. Some nasty curve balls with that, plus you'd have to on some serious PEDs to get big numbers there.
    You know, I've always wanted to see some big leaguers play wiffle ball. I think it would be a total blast to watch. Dead serious.

Descalso in to play 2nd. Edward Mujica in to pitch

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Meanwhile in Pittsburgh John Axford is in the process of blowing the lead. It is now 6-4 Brewers and the Pirates hasve 2 on with 1 out.
    Now the Brewers... there's a team going nowhere this postseason unless they buy tickets.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Cards have a murderous road trip. Everyone relax, only one game.

Stubbs strikes out.

Marty is going through all the men left on base for the Reds without mentioning that Latos was hitting in many of the key spots.

Phillips up.
    Must get Stubbs into 8 hole. Soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Problem is when will Baker think about using him again? Catch 22 with him it seems.
    Good point. When a guys is designated "long man" he rarely gets a chance. He's like an insurance policy,.

A lot of folks wanted Simon used more in later innings, maybe they were correct.

Anyway if the Reds need him in the next week or so the rust should be off.

I'm going to assume that the most negative people just hate the Cardinals (like most of us do) so much that nothing makes rational sense to them right now.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    You know, I've always wanted to see some big leaguers play wiffle ball. I think it would be a total blast to watch. Dead serious.
    Arroyo would be a great wiffle ball pitcher

Turn Off Ads?