Turn Off Ads?
Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/24/12 - Reds vs Cards

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Phillips strikes out swinging.
    Phillips too awesome to run to first his last two times whiffing on in the dirt pitches. He looks like a fool. Just run.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 8/24/12 - Reds vs Cards

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    This series, maybe the Reds can pull out this game or beat Garcia or Wainright.
    if we do, we still have at worst a 6 game lead.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Phillips and Ludwick were really pressing last inning, swinging at awful pitches. These guys just need to take a deep breath.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    It was almost Chapman.
    I know. I was holding my breath on that one.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very "old school" and I love the sound of a ball hitting a wooden bat...but there are days I think we'd be better served just switching to aluminum. Not to mention this crazy hesitation by stadiums to not extend the netting to well beyond the dugouts. Unfortunately it's going to take some horrific event to change things.

Pirates trail by three in the ninth, but Mr. Axford is doing his thing. Walked two in the inning, Pirates with a threat.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    I'm not trying to pick on you Tony. I just think you're overreacting to one game man. I've got a sick feeling in my stomach too. This game sucks. But the beauty of baseball is, the tide turns fast. Tomorrow is a new day. The 2000 Yankees were DREADFUL in September, and won the World Series. The 2006 Cards won 83 games. Won the World Series. The Cards sweeing us here wouldn't decide anything, let alone this one game.

Not at all. I am good.

The tone has been set though and It blows. You have to pitch better than Latos did tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    if we do, we still have at worst a 6 game lead.
    Think positive guys. Everyone's looking at worst case scenarios or ways to escape one.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    I know. I was holding my breath on that one.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very "old school" and I love the sound of a ball hitting a wooden bat...but there are days I think we'd be better served just switching to aluminum. Not to mention this crazy hesitation by stadiums to not extend the netting to well beyond the dugouts. Unfortunately it's going to take some horrific event to change things.
    Major league hitters using aluminum bats would be scary. I would not want to be a pitcher with a line drive hit off an aluminum bat coming back at me.

Schumaker singles

Meanwhile, Simon is lousing up this inning. I guess you don't want to waste more pitching so he stays in, but he's not really helping things.

Anoher wild pitch. 4 for the game and 3 of them from Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Major league hitters using aluminum bats would be scary. I would not want to be a pitcher with a line drive hit off an aluminum bat coming back at me.

Schumaker singles
    True. Maybe some other alternative. Something that DOESN'T shatter.

What does "setting tones" mean?

Honestly, tones don't win baseball games. Tomorrow the score will start out 0-0. That is a fact.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

I think I just broke my pinky toe on the corner of my in-table. And my brother just unleashed an epically disastrous fart. This night is unraveling quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    What does "setting tones" mean?

Honestly, tones don't win baseball games. Tomorrow the score will start out 0-0. That is a fact.
    I am tone deaf anyways....so who knows. It sounded ominous and foreboding....so I used it.

Schumaker grounds out to short. 8-5 Cards mid 7th

Turn Off Ads?