Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/24/12 - Reds vs Cards

Re: 8/24/12 - Reds vs Cards

Quote Originally Posted by RedLegsToday View Post
    This. Didn't we sweep this team the last time we saw them?
    Yes, we swept the Cards the last time we saw them, but a much different Cards team in terms of healthy players then compared to now.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Do you guys think this team has been lucky for the entire season? One game goes sideways and now people are thinking this team isn't even a playoff contender. Wow.

It is finally over. Holliday grounds out to short. 8-5 Cards mid 6th.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Hmmmm..... I guess I have not seen Dusty value these guys as much as you have?
    Votto has been out. And he's trying to keep guys fresh. Guys won't be getting days off in the playoffs.

Reds can still win this ballgame but they have to get good relief pitching.

Can't give up any more runs.

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    Do you guys think this team has been lucky for the entire season? One game goes sideways and now people are thinking this team isn't even a playoff contender. Wow.
    So sad. In addition, it is only the 6th inning.

OK, I need to separate myself as someone who is just upset and frustrated by this game, and those that are completely overreacting.

It's just unreal for such a quality board.

Could we call in a rainstorm for four hours RIGHT now? That would nullify those runs, and Reds win 5 to 2... At least under the old rules.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    OK, I need to separate myself as someone who is just upset and frustrated by this game, and those that are completely overreacting.
    I'll second this. I'm not ready to declare anything over, although this game has just seriously bummed me out. We still have a chance tonight. And if not, there's tomorrow.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Do you think they are going to the playoffs.....and I think they are a good team....but with Valdez (Ray Oyler) and Cairo (Tom Lawless) sitting on the bench? I do not think they are that good.
    So, since Valdez and Cairo are on the team, THAT'S why you don't think the Reds are a playoff team? C'mon.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    Sure they do. However you can't have all your "off" days against good competition.

To quote the Ole Ball Coach...."big time players come up big...in big time games."
    Does it really matter in the end who the bad games are against? Not until the playoffs.

Not at all. But it does show how sitting on your hands again.....during the trading deadline for even a decent bat off the bench....is going to hurt this team trying to come back.

The bullpen has been a gas can as well lately. Hard to come back when the bullpen throws it back up. Arredondo has never met a 1-2-3 inning, Broxton is "unlucky" to the point of being bad.

Salas in to pitch

Stubbs strikes out swinging.

Can't believe after the season these guys have given us, with the way they've played without Votto, some of you are jumping ship over ONE GAME. Embarrassing.

Turn Off Ads?