Turn Off Ads?
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233

Thread: 8/24/12 - Reds vs Cards

Re: 8/24/12 - Reds vs Cards

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    To be fair, I think every local broadcast has their fair share of homerism. Listening to the Reds broadcasts at times is enough to start one to drink if you're an outsider.
    If you're ralking about Jeff Brantley, you don't really have to be an outsider.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

2. Turn Off Ads?

The most disappointing thing about that loss, beside being to the Cards, is that the rest of the weekend would have been gravy.

Cover first, Mat!
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Two games in a row Reds pitching has blown a 3 run lead. Lets hope this is just a bump in the road and not a year end trend.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    If you're ralking about Jeff Brantley, you don't really have to be an outsider.
    I was more talking about Brennaman. I can't stand him. I know I might get hate for it (more so than the hate for just being a Cards fan) but I've always found him disingenuous.

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

I was more talking about Brennaman. I can't stand him. I know I might get hate for it (more so than the hate for just being a Cards fan) but I've always found him disingenuous.
    You won't get any crap from me. I think he is horrible and doesn't actually enjoy the Reds success. I don't get the online radio package because of him

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

For every Marty, there's a George Grande.

Quote Originally Posted by LincolnparkRed View Post
    You won't get any crap from me. I think he is horrible and doesn't actually enjoy the Reds success. I don't get the online radio package because of him
    I was more talking about his son. Marty is just a curmudgeon at times, which I can respect. I don't like Thom.

I was more talking about his son. Marty is just a curmudgeon at times, which I can respect. I don't like Thom.
    Not a big Thom fan either. He and Brantley could both go.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by LincolnparkRed View Post
    I think you need to go back and listen to his call of the Bruce homer in 2010 and the postgame wrap and any notion that he doesn't enjoy the Reds' success will be put to bed. That he's been with this team for over 35 years tells me he cares a great deal about the organization.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Nobody really likes Thom, though he does have a good voice.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Turn Off Ads?