Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Adrian Gonzalez to the Dodgers?

Adrian Gonzalez to the Dodgers?

Possibly, according to ESPN.

I'm highly skeptical, and it seems some officials are too, but nonetheless it's being discussed, apparently.

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/...rs-sources-say
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Adrian Gonzalez to the Dodgers?

Apparently somebody just claimed Beckett off waivers, possibly the Dodgers. I'd say there's a bigger chance he moves than Gonzalez.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Apparently somebody just claimed Beckett off waivers, possibly the Dodgers. I'd say there's a bigger chance he moves than Gonzalez.
    That someone is apparently again the Dodgers

https://twitter.com/Sean_McAdam/stat...01353278984192
    Sean McAdam
    ‏@Sean_McAdam
    Confirmed: It is indeed the Dodgers who have also claimed Beckett. #RedSoxTalk

This has to be prearranged that they get Gonzalez if they take Beckett, too, right? Why would anyone claim Beckett otherwise? Heck, why would they think it was necessary even if it was arranged, who did they think would take the risk of claiming Beckett and getting stuck with him just to block them?
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

I smell a conspiracy...maybe. It does seem suspicious to me that Kelly Shoppack who sent the text criticizing Valentine, and Bob McClure who is rumored to have leaked the story to the press were both sent away recently. Now, Gonzalez, who was also involved, is placed on waivers. Hmmm...
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

It's amazing that a team with all these financial woes are suddenly so able to go take anyone and everyone. This is Texas all over again.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

There are reports floating around that Gonzalez, Beckett and others to the Dodgers is serious. Maybe just rumors on Twitter, etc.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

I love this rumor. As it stands, the story is...

Adrian Gonzalez, Josh Beckett, Carl Crawford

For

James Loney.

What. The. Hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post

For

James Loney.

What. The. Hell.
    They're supposedly trying to get them to take Punto, too. I doubt that's a deal breaker, though.
    http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/...it-sources-say
    Last edited by blumj; 08-24-2012 at 05:47 PM.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    They're supposedly trying to get them to take Punto, too. I doubt that's a deal breaker, though.
    http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/...it-sources-say
    Beckett in the kitchen with the candlestick. Oh I thought we were playing Clue.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post

For

James Loney.

What. The. Hell.
    That's around $265M cleared off the books between now and 2017. AGon is the only player the BoSox will miss, and 1B are pretty easy to find.

Really, really smart move by the BoSox if they can pull it off.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

I heard the Dodgers were offering the Red Sox Dave Revering.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Beckett has 10-5 rights and can refuse the trade.
    Last edited by AmarilloRed; 08-24-2012 at 06:35 PM.

Are the Dodgers out of their mind? I don't care how much money they have to spend, spend it wisely. Crawford is banged up and aging, and I'm sure will continue his decline in quick order in Dodger Stadium and in the NL West in general. Gonzalez is good, but Beckett appears to be done, has a bad back, etc. I don't get this. At. All. If the Red Sox can do this, it'd be a great move for them.

I don't see any way Bud Selig and MLB would approve that trade. Yet, I don't see any way and they probably will if it goes down. There's no way they could justify that as being in the best interests of the sport, though.
    Last edited by Brutus; 08-24-2012 at 06:52 PM.

Turn Off Ads?