Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Spaceman Goes the Distance

Spaceman Goes the Distance

http://www.sfgate.com/sports/article...65-3811767.php

Lee, a 65-year-old left-hander who won a 119 games in 14 seasons for the Boston Red Sox and Montreal Expos, threw all nine innings for the San Rafael Pacifics - and became, according to the team, the oldest man to earn a win in a professional baseball game
    The widow is gathering nettles for her children's dinner; a perfumed seigneur, delicately lounging in the Oeil de Boeuf, hath an alchemy whereby he will extract the third nettle and call it rent. ~ Carlyle

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Spaceman Goes the Distance

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post

Lee, a 65-year-old left-hander who won a 119 games in 14 seasons for the Boston Red Sox and Montreal Expos, threw all nine innings for the San Rafael Pacifics - and became, according to the team, the oldest man to earn a win in a professional baseball game
    Good for Bill Lee! He is a unique baseball personality. I loved his quote, "Drug testing? I believe in drug testing. In fact, I've tested lots of them."
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post

That's ridiculous. Good for him!

Very, very cool to see a guy playing the game for the love of the game. Always enjoyed The Spaceman. Especially when seeing him face Perez.

Wonder if Houston interested. He and Clemens would provide Vet presence.

Besides, Spaceman and Astros is a match that should have been made long ago.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

I hope they keep the Verducci effect in deciding on his workload. I would hate for them to burn out a young arm by doing too much too soon.

Turn Off Ads?