Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/25/12 - Cards @ Reds

Re: 8/25/12 - Cards @ Reds

For me, I can't emphasize how much I hope Billy Hamilton picks up CF this offseason and how I hope he wins a job outright in spring training. I know that's not likely given where his development currently stands, but I'd think his overall value could rival Stubbs' .650 OPS.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

2. Turn Off Ads?

Leake with a 1-2-3 sixth. What a huge game from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    For me, I can't emphasize how much I hope Billy Hamilton picks up CF this offseason and how I hope he wins a job outright in spring training. I know that's not likely given where his development currently stands, but I'd think his overall value could rival Stubbs' .650 OPS.
    Or they can go out and get a platoon partner in CF for one year. DeJesus has one more year on his contract, for example, to give Billy another year.

Time to knock Garcia out of this game!
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Or they can go out and get a platoon partner in CF for one year. DeJesus has one more year on his contract, for example, to give Billy another year.
    Believe me, DeJesus would be great. And he wouldn't need to platoon... he's an everyday centerfielder.

I'd applaud that move, no doubt.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

In case there was any doubt, the Dodgers-Red Sox trade is now official.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    Believe me, DeJesus would be great. And he wouldn't need to platoon... he's an everyday centerfielder.

I'd applaud that move, no doubt.
    Really makes a lot of sense for the Cubs to trade him, surprised he's still with them.

It's not August 31 yet, maybe he'll move this year.

BP with a leadoff double in the sixth into the RF corner. Alright guys, let's go!

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Really makes a lot of sense for the Cubs to trade him, surprised he's still with them.

It's not August 31 yet, maybe he'll move this year.
    I got the impression there's probably not much chance he'd pass through waivers for the Reds to have a shot at him. If they wanted him, I think July 31 was their window of opportunity until the offseason.

I'd love to be wrong on that, but I don't see any chance of that happening -- at least to the Reds.

Let's do it this inning! When BP lays off the low offspeed and goes the other way...very impressive.
    This will not change until the Reds win the World Series.......

April 28, 2006.

Big daddy Studwick with a base hit to right, runners at the corners with none out.

It's time for the Toddfather.

Never go against the family.

Nice hustle, Frazier!
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

Frazier with an RBI fielder' choice groundout, Ludwick out at second, run scores. 2-1 Reds

I'm glad the Reds don't act like that on the field.....
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Turn Off Ads?